Top 3 Westerns

Clint Eastwood. :lol:

$302-Back-to-the-Future-Part-III.gif

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lonesome Dove

The Outlaw Josie Wales

Two Mules for Sister Sara

even though my name is John Wayne I'm more of a Clint Eastwood fan.
John Wayne did cowboy good, Eastwood did it better,. In Waynes time things were black and white. Eastwood brought shades of gray.

Lots of love for Unforgiven. It's a great film. Probably in my top five Westerns.

I've revised my top three based on this thread:
Once Upon a Time in the West
High Noon (stunned by this title not appearing on lists in this thread)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (really one of my top films regardless of genre)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Big Jake
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider

I once took two weeks of vacation just to stay home and watch ten days of The Duke!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lots of love for Unforgiven. It's a great film. Probably in my top five Westerns.

I think what I like about it is you remember the cowboy Eastwood was when younger, now he is a broken down pig farmer that can't hit a tin can or even get on his horse. We then get to see the transition back to him being a force to be reckoned with again.

I think what I like about it is you remember the cowboy Eastwood was when younger, now he is a broken down pig farmer that can't hit a tin can or even get on his horse. We then get to see the transition back to him being a force to be reckoned with again.
Absolutely. Every great story (film) takes us on a journey; one that hopefully also teaches us something. It's this reason that I include High Noon among my top three Westerns.

Plus some incredible lines.

It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.

Top Bottom