What's new

Hello from Sheffield

Welcome from (the town next to) Sheffield, Alabama!!! Give it a few more shaves and you will notice your results drastically improve. Also, consider trying some different blades.

And the next logical step is using a straight. And Sheffield certainly produced quite a few stunning examples of straight blades over the years.

Hang in there. It won't be long and you'll wonder how you missed the deep history of shaving that comes from your home town.

Welcome to B&B! Don't forget that there is a wide variety of blades to experiment with. Chances are you will have to try a few before you find one that works well for your particular beard and the EJ89. i have found the EJ89 to be a fantastic razor that works with many blades, so you should definitely be able to find something that works well.

Welcome! I have a lot of friends in Preston Lancashire, and am a EJ 89 guy too, pm me if it doesn't get better, but I know it will for you!

Will do. I usually post on mu-43.com but I'll start posting in the Darkroom forum too. This is my Flickr PhotoStream Just finding my way with photography. I picked up a camera almost two years ago to the day. I started out just wanting to take nice snaps of my daughter. Of course I soon wanted nicer kit and things escalated from there!

Keep us posted on your shave progress and photography too.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B!

DE shaving, unlike shaving with a cart, is all about progressive beard reduction. Keep reading and continue practicing, the results will surely improve.

Great concept!

I'm transitioning (graduating?) from cart shaving...and that's going to be the mantra for me...related would be "no shaving without lather". That limits me to one pass per swath, whereas with a cart, I am going over the same swath more than once WTG, then more than once ATG. I guess I need to envision shaving instead of "painting" The cart sort of forgives this behavior..but it also demonstrates that carts aren't that effective/efficient.

Now, for me, starting WTG, it's shave off the lather, rinse blade after each stroke, go the next lathered area...rinse and repeat. Re-lather face, repeat process ATG. Re-lather face and get missed spots if necessary.

Hello and welcome to BB from a fellow Yorkshire man. I'm originally from Rotherham but living out Cheshire way.
Great razor by the way. A blade sample pack is definitely a good place to start off with, some blades work great for others which may not work for yourself, also its fun having an excuse to try different brands.
I'd be happy to send some blades your way for you to try out if you like, if so just drop me a pm and I will drop some in the post box.

Cheers. PM sent.

Hello and welcome to BB from a fellow Yorkshire man. I'm originally from Rotherham but living out Cheshire way.
Great razor by the way. A blade sample pack is definitely a good place to start off with, some blades work great for others which may not work for yourself, also its fun having an excuse to try different brands.
I'd be happy to send some blades your way for you to try out if you like, if so just drop me a pm and I will drop some in the post box.

Welcome aboard! I read about Sheffield today when my EJ DE89 arrived, and there was a little 'History' section on the paper in the box.

Top Bottom