What's new

M&F confusion

I originally ordered from Lee an M&F 1xl (finest, butterscotch). I decided I wanted a 'matching' brush in blonde badger and received the faux ivory brush today. I assumed they would be the same handle and knot size as they are both supposed to be 1xl's. Seems that the blonde is slightly larger in all dimensions and with two rings (just was lathered in pic). Anyone have any insight? They are both fantastic by the way, so I am NOT complaining, just looking for insight!

$uploadfromtaptalk1410829944245.jpg

Good question. I have a soft spot for sweet little brushes (I'm a small-faced face latherer), so for now the finest wins.

As far as I know the one on the left is a Rooney Stubby, and the right is a Stubby 1xl. Not sure if with M&F this distinction matters beyond aesthetics but I know the Rooney 1xl was supposed to have more hair.

Maybe be some M&F experts can chime in.

Thanks everyone! I don't have calipers, but the left one looks like 25 and the right is more like 26.

My M&F confusion arises from the fact I'm not sure if I'm using the correct e-mail address when trying to contact Mr. Sabini to order a brush. It might be that he's just not replying to my e-mails, of course, which I understand can happen, but it would nice to know if he's actually receiving them. If anybody could let me know what is his current address then I'd be very grateful.

Top Bottom