What's new

First Experience With Arko

So I got the order of Arko I ordered last week, and waited till the mail came to shower and shave. Am I the only one that does that? Anyway, wow this stuff smells strong. I can even taste it! Maybe I should have just tried one stick to start. Seemed silly though, since 2 sticks was about a dollar more. I pressed it into my soap bowl though, and I heard that helps it mellow some. I sure hope so.

I mixed mine with some essential oil of sandalwood. It smells good now. Great lather. There is a soaps section. It might get moved.

The smell does get significantly lighter also when you put it into a bowl the soap gets much harder. I don't know if its just me but since I smashed the soap into a bowl and allowing it to get harder the lather seems better than the first day that I got it.

I mixed mine with some essential oil of sandalwood. It smells good now. Great lather. There is a soaps section. It might get moved.

I didn't realize there was a soaps section! I've no problem if the mods want to move this.

The smell does get significantly lighter also when you put it into a bowl the soap gets much harder. I don't know if its just me but since I smashed the soap into a bowl and allowing it to get harder the lather seems better than the first day that I got it.

That's great to know. Thanks Edgard!

My wife went in the bathroom this morning and asked why it smelled like bugspray!

my wife doesn't care for the smell of it either. when I use it, she asks me why I'm wasting my time on that when I have tons of better stuff.

P.S. she is a surreptitious soap sniffer. I catch her in the bathroom every now and then with her nose buried in a tub of something. usually razorock.

I buried a stick in the backyard and the neighborhood cats stopped pooping there, great stuff.
Now, when I go to a party, I unwrap a stick and hide it under a sofa, great fun.
And, I always include a stick when I PIF, great PIFs.

Last edited:
Mash it down into a bowl and leave it uncovered for a while...the scent will mellow out. ARKO is amazing when you lather it up with a brush. It is now my go-to soap.

Mash it down into a bowl and leave it uncovered for a while...the scent will mellow out. ARKO is amazing when you lather it up with a brush. It is now my go-to soap.
$uploadfromtaptalk1410940944463.jpgJust like this. 👍😉 Boy, you're gonna luv this.

I pressed it into an old TOBS bowl, kept the lid off for about a week, and I swear the scent got stronger. I liked the performance, but the scent was intolerable. If I ever get a job as a janitor in a Turkish prison, I may revisit it...

Top Bottom