What's new

King of Brushes (Rey del Cepillo) - store, Buenos Aires

I stayed for a week in Buenos Aires for a training session last week. My mother, god bless her, gave me two pieces of advice: bring a scarf and stop by the King of Brushes.

This is a very old school shop that was formerly on Suipacha and Cordoba, but moved a few blocks away. They have every single brush type you might want to buy including shaving brushes.

As you can see in the attached pictures, the prices are quite affordable given that these area horse hair, acrylic base brushes. Given that the street exchange for dollars is roughly 14 pesos to the dollar, you can find brushes from 10 to 20 usd.

They are full horse in multiple colors and combos of base and hair. I bought two and two shoe brushes for leather, for 60 bucks.

I'll post pics of the brushes I bought later: they are quite soft off the box but the funk is strong.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410815868.571511.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410815955.538432.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Last time I was in BA I was not looking for shaving tackle, but I enjoyed the bife de lomo and the wine.

Are the brushes made in Argentina, or imported?

Interesting that they labeled these brushes "cerda". Am I wrong to think that usually means boar bristle in Spanish? But I trust that you can tell the difference.

Interesting that they labeled these brushes "cerda". Am I wrong to think that usually means boar bristle in Spanish? But I trust that you can tell the difference.

I own a Semogue BC LE Cerda which is the boar edition of the BC special edition brushes. In my case Cerda means boar, but perhaps this word can have multiple uses.

They feel like horse.$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410867638.967632.jpg

These are the two I bought. They don't have a ton of backbone and I believe they are horse, as they feel a lot like the Omega I have

There is only one translation for "Cerda" ,and that is "sow" ,which is swine for sure...Horse hair brushes sold in Spanish speaking countries are labeled "Caballo"..

Top Bottom