La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva
Kristoff Maduro
Camacho Triple Maduro Figurado
La Flor Dominicana Ligero Maduro 654
La Flor Dominicana Cabinet Oscuro
My Father La Antiguidad
DE T52 and No 9
all yummies!

Yes, Fuente makes great stuff, and the Padron Annys are great.

For more "boutique" stuff, these Caldwells are very complex and well balanced. All three of their varsity series (Eastern Standard, Long Live the King, and The King is Dead) offer some variable flavors.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1421821298820.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1421821298820.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 157
JWR, funny, I just got a La Aroma de Cuba taster thing from my shop (one of the guys who works there always seems to hook me up with things like this heh). They are "Edicion Especial," not sure what that means or which ones they are but. I didn't like the regular one with no second band, but the Reserva was great and I still have the EE (both have a second band).

The past few days I have had;

Liga Undercrown Pig
like 6 Opus X (Love Affair, 2013 Lancero, Power Ranger, bout to smoke the Grand Toro [think that is what it is called])
Kentucky Fire Cured (would not recommend, the taste was OK but the nose that I kept getting while smoking was very off putting)
Don Carlos (I think that is the new siglo from Fuente), has some toffee to it, really really good.

Opus X for sure
Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduro
Montecristo Classic
Camacho Triple Maduro
Gurkha Cellar Reserve

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
The better Cubana are magnificent smokes. My favorite is the Romeo y Julieta Churchill. When I want something a little livelier I go with a Punch Double Corona or Partagas #10. I saw someone mention the Dominican Fuente Hemingway Short Story and that is a fun little after dinner cigar even though it isn't Cuban. The regular Hemingway is okay, too.

About 20 or 25 years ago there were some very good cigars coming out of Honduras, namely the Punch Grand Cru line and the Hoyo De Monterrey Excaliburs. Incredible buttery character and slightly floral but still rich and heavy with plenty of wood leather and nuts notes. Cigars got fashoonable, production went up, and quality went down a bit but the last Excaliburs #1 I smoked, about 3 years ago, I still enjoyed more than any large Dominican.

If you are in the U.S. and can't get Cubans, try a Dominican Romeo Robusto.

Anything over about $18 a stick, I say give it a miss. Unless you just want the snob appeal.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I bought a La Aurora Preferidos Diamond a few weeks ago. It was glorious.
Everyone should try it.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I bought a La Aurora Preferidos Diamond a few weeks ago. It was glorious.
Everyone should try it.
That's the short perfecto (tapered at both ends) in the metal tube? About $18 a stick? What color tube? I found a Maduro (red tube) that had been hiding for a couple of years in a cabinet. Put it in my big humi a month or so ago, will wait for another month or more to smoke it

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's the short perfecto (tapered at both ends) in the metal tube? About $18 a stick? What color tube? I found a Maduro (red tube) that had been hiding for a couple of years in a cabinet. Put it in my big humi a month or so ago, will wait for another month or more to smoke it

I paid I think $23 at Little Havana Cigar Factory in Miami.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437659088.069255.jpg

So I see a must try pipe thread... What do you guys consider must try cigars?

I would hope everyone tries an Opus X at some point just to see if it lives up to the hype or not. But I have been smoking Liga Private stuff lately and definitely recommend it.

Camacho Triple Maduro.

Bolivar Coronas Junior. It's a great full strength cigar with the length of 4.3 inch and a gauge of 42. Small cigar but it produces a lot of smoke, taste's very great. If you can get your hands on one you def need to try it.

An AF CurlyHead that has been sitting in a humidor for at least a year. I was shocked how much the flavor improved.

I have some AF 858's that I bought when my son was born. He starts his sophomore year in college soon. I need to smoke those.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If you are a Maduro fan, you must try La Gloria Cubana Serie N. I ended up buying boxes of three different sizes (Glorioso, Generoso, and JSB), and I've enjoyed them all immensely, my favorite being the Generoso. They are great right out of the box and age quite well. I'm about to pick up another box of the Generoso. If you took the band off one of these and handed it to someone, they may very well believe they were smoking a cigar that cost 1.5-2x the price.

I've never had a Perdomo I didn't like, and I don't know many who have.

Any Tatuaje, but let the Reserva Petite knock your socks off.

On the pricey side, but my favorite non-Cuban is a pardon 1926 series. Both maduro and natural are a great smoke.

Really great cigar.

If in a place to get them, cohibas are must try's - also incredible cigars, particularly behike 52s (or any behikes).

On the budget side, I'm a fan of CAO brazilias and don pepin garcia blues. (But they are both very different from each other and either a cohiba or pardon 1926). Still good. DPG are full body so some may not care for them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom