What's new

Rubberset 400 finished

Wow.....the camera really makes it look like I need to polish some more. Actually, it's quite shiny and I'm pleased with the result. The knot is a TGN Grade A Silvertip, and I'll take a couple more shots after using to show the full bloom. I was fortunate to find this handle on the BST. I thought it was a tad pricey, but I bought it just the same. When it arrived I discovered the previous owner had not only removed the original knot, but had done all the necessary sanding. All I had to do was polish with a bit of jeweler's rouge and aluminum polish. :001_smile

proxy.php

Shaved a couple of times with the 400. The knot is more scitchy than my other silvertips, but has certainly bloomed nicely. I use creams 75% of the time and soaps the remainder. This is my new dedicated soap brush, and should serve that roll nicely. Thanks to everyone for the input on how to make this restoration happen.

A scritchy silvertip? That doesn't sound right. Maybe more backbone than expected but it shouldn't be scritchy.

Shaved a couple of times with the 400. The knot is more scitchy than my other silvertips, but has certainly bloomed nicely. I use creams 75% of the time and soaps the remainder. This is my new dedicated soap brush, and should serve that roll nicely. Thanks to everyone for the input on how to make this restoration happen.

A scritchy silvertip? That doesn't sound right. Maybe more backbone than expected but it shouldn't be scritchy.

Yeah, it really is. Now perhaps the knot isn't what I ordered and paid for, but I doubt it. From all visual inspections it does appear to be a Silvertip, but it has a center portion of the bulb that's scritchy. I've shampooed it and used conditioner, which helped. And it's certainly not a bad knot, and I wouldn't even consider changing it out. It's just better suited for soaps than creams, and that's just fine.

Top Bottom