What's new

Feather blades - strong irritation

It seems like many feather fans have fairly course beards and don't have sensitive skin. As a pale, sensitive skinned daily shaver, I find I get the best shaves from careful regenerative pre/post routines and a forgiving blade.

I don't know if I have a course beard. But the first time I shaved with a Feather blade, it was amazing to feel how easily it cut through the stubble, as if it was hardly cutting at all. A fresh Feather blade redefined smoothness for me!

I shave with a Feather in a FaTip piccolo (which is one of the most aggressive OC razor according to many wetshavers), I get no irritations or nicks/cuts. I think you need to work on your lather, prep and technique. If I try to rush out my prep I get a bad shave. I had this problem in the beginning too. Other blades you can try are the Astra's (Green) or PermaSharp. I love the PermaSharps they last pretty long and stay sharp for a long time.

Like Eeyore says "a fresh feather redefines smoothness" goes up for me as well.

I remember my very first DE shave which came with some free Derby blades.
The barber insisted on using the Derby's.
But I even couldn't finish the first pass because of the pulling and tugging sensation that derby blade gave me on my 2 day beard.
So I immediately changed over to a fresh Feather and sold i was!!!

I love the sharpness and the way how easily it cuts through the whiskers.

Even in the Roedter 1909 ( the most aggressive DE safety razor ) it gives me wonderful shaves.

Top Bottom