What's new

Does anybody here use one soap exclusively?

My notion of fidelity begins and ends with my wife. I've got over 30 shaving soaps, and about 10 creams, and keep looking for new stuff to try. I love many brands, but am "faithful" to none!

I recently just started theme month for choosing my shaving soap. This month is Italian month so I am rotating b/w Proraso White/Red, Cella, Valbora Almond and CO Bigelow cream. Think next month will be Razorock month.

I've always wanted to just that..once soap/cream at a time, but I can never quite commit to it. So I just randomly use whatever I feel like on the given day, but I am in a few restraints so not purchasing anything new. At least I can use up some of what I have that way before adding more to the pile.

Well, since I just started out wet shaving, I'm only using VDH soap. I figured I'll try and get good with one before I move on.

Kevin

After close to 2 years of trying out and using different software everyday, I finally joined up for Speicktember this month. Still early days I know but I find myself enjoying the ritual much more by using just the single product till it's done. A fledgling 3017er in the making:tongue_sm.

Never really understood using different stuff everyday. I tend to go through long bouts of using one product, then eventually move onto another.

In 2010 I used Art of Shaving Cream, then 2011 the Soap for a year just about straight. I tried a few others but they were terrible. (TOBS terribly ordinary burning soap). 2012 MWF, 2013 more MWF, then eventually made it onto Trumpers Coconut. Great Stuff.

Now I'm onto MdC. I imagine it'll be sometime before I try something different other than traveling with Speick.

The 3017'ers seem to actually rush to finish their soaps. Its obscene how much product gets used!

Virtually impossible to stick with one soap. That's like brushing your teeth with one kind of toothpaste everyday which is pretty much a regular chore. I view my wet shaving as a calming therapeutic experience instead of a regular chore ( plus I like the many variations I can choose shaving with different soaps, razors, blades....

I'd say there is absolutely no shame in rotating soaps. In fact i would advocate it! You don't wear the same thing everyday, do you? It's just like picking out your clothes for the day, which cologne to wear, and even what you'll have for breakfast. It's all just how you are feeling that day. :)

I'm down to 8 soaps in my rotation with four refills in ready. Right now I am using one soap for an entire week. I started doing this when I had a little bit of Cella left and wanted to use it up. It took me two weeks. Now I have the remains of MWF, Bergamot Neroli, and Monsavon and plan to use them up - or attempt to - within the next month or so.

I use a different soap everyday. However I think I am going to stick with one soap per week and really work on dialing my soaps in. Plus if I use up a soap I HAVE TO replace it right???

Top Bottom