What's new

Anyone have an airbed?

My wife and I are sick of our current mattress, a memory foam / inner spring concoction from Stearns and Foster that cost a bundle, is hot as an inferno, and began sagging within a couple of years.

Anyone have one of the modern airbeds? Comfortaire, Sleep Number, Innomax, Habitat Furnishings, etc.? They seem expensive, but our current mattress cost plenty and it turned out to be a total disappointment.

I've read that they can have problems with component failure (pumps etc.), and that the air bladders can leave a valley in the middle of the bed. If anyone could give me a review of one, I'd appreciate it.

My wife and I are sick of our current mattress, a memory foam / inner spring concoction from Stearns and Foster that cost a bundle, is hot as an inferno, and began sagging within a couple of years.

Anyone have one of the modern airbeds? Comfortaire, Sleep Number, Innomax, Habitat Furnishings, etc.? They seem expensive, but our current mattress cost plenty and it turned out to be a total disappointment.

I've read that they can have problems with component failure (pumps etc.), and that the air bladders can leave a valley in the middle of the bed. If anyone could give me a review of one, I'd appreciate it.
I have a Sleep Number bed that i would recommend in a heart beat. I have a bad back and this bed literally saved me.
I paid $ 1,700 for the first one in 1998 and it was worth every penny. 2 years ago i upgraded to the $2800 dollar unit. They have a 20 year warranty on the whole bed. In 2007 they replaced the whole bed including mattress for free,including ship. This company has great customer service. The motor lasts forever since you dont use it all the time. They replaced mine because i tore up the top mattress when i snagged it on a belt buckle. I decided to have the whole unit replaced since it was under warranty for 20 years.

$1q.jpg

Last edited:
Sleep Number, with a high quality 2 inch memory foam on top (I think current models may come with memory foam tops, optionally). I honestly can't imagine a different bed now. I dread travel where I have to sleep on something else. I have my setting, my wife has her's. Harmony.

I've not had any problem with mine, at about 11 years old now.

Last edited:
sleep number bed for 11 years now.... I would have preferred the mattress without the pillow top/memory foam. I get very hot and the memory foam doesn't help. It is comfortable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Spent $1800 last year on a Latex mattress with Gel Foam top. Underwhelming to say the least. Will have to check out the Sleep Number.

We've had a Sleep Number bed for over 10 years now. My wife keeps her side really soft, while mine is medium to firm. We love it. The seven segment display on my controller is pretty much unreadable now, but I just go by feel and rarely need to adjust it any way. I worked for a mattress store while I was in college and initially though the Sleep # was way overpriced, but it's been perfect for us.

We had a Sleep Number mattress but after about 7 years all the padding and foam (top and sides) broke down, we tossed it and got a real mattress.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A little over a year ago I got a split king adjustable base Sleep Number bed. I got a split so my wife, who has leg problems, can elevate without affecting me. I like a firm bed, she likes soft. We were never happy with our bed. I wouldn't trade our bed for anything, and SN has a 20 year warranty. I spent 6k (but half of that was for the two adjustable bases) and it was the best money I ever spent. A good night's sleep is priceless

We had a Sleep Number mattress but after about 7 years all the padding and foam (top and sides) broke down, we tossed it and got a real mattress.

They would have replaced it with the newer better pads and memory foams for free........call them up.

A little over a year ago I got a split king adjustable base Sleep Number bed. I got a split so my wife, who has leg problems, can elevate without affecting me. I like a firm bed, she likes soft. We were never happy with our bed. I wouldn't trade our bed for anything, and SN has a 20 year warranty. I spent 6k (but half of that was for the two adjustable bases) and it was the best money I ever spent. A good night's sleep is priceless

I would literally spend 10 thousand dollars if they would be the last beds on earth....

sleep number bed for 11 years now.... I would have preferred the mattress without the pillow top/memory foam. I get very hot and the memory foam doesn't help. It is comfortable.
Get cotton 500 count sheets.....they are cooler or this topper

$sn.jpg

or

$sn1.jpg

Last edited:
We've had a Sleep Number bed for over 10 years now. My wife keeps her side really soft, while mine is medium to firm. We love it. The seven segment display on my controller is pretty much unreadable now, but I just go by feel and rarely need to adjust it any way. I worked for a mattress store while I was in college and initially though the Sleep # was way overpriced, but it's been perfect for us.

I am getting this soon, it will be the gift that keeps on giving to me.

$sn2.jpg

They would have replaced it with the newer better pads and memory foams for free........call them up.

We sleep much better on our high quality Stearns and Foster conventional mattress than we did on the double air bags with some foam on top and springs don't break down along the sides like foam does. The air bags were pretty good for a few years until the foam deterioration started; replaced the compressor after about 3 years because it wouldn't hold pressure on one side.

Memory foam retrains ridiculous heat. I'm not the only one I know that learned it the hard way either. As mentioned, the sheet count makes a huge difference as well.

We sleep much better on our high quality Stearns and Foster conventional mattress than we did on the double air bags with some foam on top and springs don't break down along the sides like foam does. The air bags were pretty good for a few years until the foam deterioration started; replaced the compressor after about 3 years because it wouldn't hold pressure on one side.
I have both a split double [ 2 chambers] and the Queen single [ which i bought to sleep alone after my shoulder/bicep reconstruction few years ago]...the split did give me issues with support and i have felt unstable. The corners gave out fast. But the newer systems are more supportive and better made.

Top Bottom