What's new

Second shave on the Weck Shaper

So I've shaved with the thing twice now and both times have been reasonably good. Yesterday I was lacking in the prep department (excited about finally getting blades!) and it was the second shave of the day. There was the expected irritation and I only did two passes for a SAS. 2 very minor weepers, and I caught a mole but overall it was not a bad experience at all!

This morning, it was the whole nine yards. Shower, PSO, good lather, and as much time as I wanted. Wound up with my usual four passes and CCS. It was quite comfortable with very minimal irritation from the Alum. My cheeks were durn near BBS, and the trouble spots (jaw line, neck) were SAS or better.

Questions: I'm using Fromm 106 blades. Is it worth corking one?

Assuming eBay starts working again, is it worth looking for a Sextoblade to try? (Or on the BST, perhaps?)

I'm having some issues on the off-side of my face. Should I work on changing my hold on the razor or switching hands?

I tried the guard this morning and didn't like it at all. It got in my way. Am I missing anything my skipping that part of the experience?

Thanks all!
Jerry

Questions: I'm using Fromm 106 blades. Is it worth corking one?
Try it and see. It's definitely a YMMV thing. I don't cork any of my blades. Stropping in between shaves will help with the longevity of the blade.

Assuming eBay starts working again, is it worth looking for a Sextoblade to try? (Or on the BST, perhaps?)
Yes, absolutely. The only difference in the sextoblade is that it is longer. But that makes all the difference. It feels better in your hand and makes it easier to maneuver.

I'm having some issues on the off-side of my face. Should I work on changing my hold on the razor or switching hands?
Always switch hands. That is how you should be straight shaving. It can be done with the same hand, but it is much easier to switch hands. Your off hand will take a while to get used to holding the razor, but it doesn't take long to get used to it.

I tried the guard this morning and didn't like it at all. It got in my way. Am I missing anything my skipping that part of the experience?
Nope. It makes an easy, almost foolproof shave, so it is good for training wheels. But I agree, it gets in the way and doesn't allow the angle I want for certain areas.

Top Bottom