What's new

Recently Acquired 1965 L Type Schick Injector. Injector>DE

I have a couple DE razors that I like to use, but I can never seem to get that BBS without a couple nicks or some irritation.

I just started using the 1965 L Type Schick Injector. Amazing. I can get a BBS with zero irritation and no nicks. I have always liked SEs, especially my 1912 GEM. But I've always been ambivalent about the opinion often espoused on B&B about the supposed superiority of DEs above everything else. For me, the injector is close to, if not the best razor I've ever used.

$14 - 1.jpg

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your injector. People who try them are always impressed with the shaves that they get.

I would have to say that my Injectors (L1 an G) are the best I own. They are easy to use, shave amazingly close with little effort and it's almost always irritation and nick free. The blades are a little more expensive but last a lot longer so they are pretty comparable on a per shave basis. Overall they are just the best but I still use other razors from time to time just because I like the variety, but if I had to choice one razor for the rest of my life I would only have to decide which of the Injectors it would be.

I have one of those bright yellow "Easy Rider" Injector razors that looks a great deal like the one in the OP illustration. Compared to my Gs, Is, and Js (two each), the L model leaves a great deal of stubble behind after my personal style of shave, which is "down" for pass 1, and "across" for pass 2, followed by cleanup / touch-up in some trouble spots I have. I always want to add a second across pass with a different razor after I try the yellow belly razor.

I have one of those bright yellow "Easy Rider" Injector razors that looks a great deal like the one in the OP illustration. Compared to my Gs, Is, and Js (two each), the L model leaves a great deal of stubble behind after my personal style of shave, which is "down" for pass 1, and "across" for pass 2, followed by cleanup / touch-up in some trouble spots I have. I always want to add a second across pass with a different razor after I try the yellow belly razor.

I agree it's probably mild, but that's probably why I like it. I feel like I could do 5 passes with this thing with no problem. I got close to a BBS in two passes.

Where do you get it? Looks nice and clean. My aunt just gave me a Schick that looks just like your pic. But I have questions. How do I identify it properly and...how on earth do you change the blade? Can't seem to find anything on the ' net. I'd like to try it out. I'm on my phone now, will try to post a pic later.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Where do you get it? Looks nice and clean. My aunt just gave me a Schick that looks just like your pic. But I have questions. How do I identify it properly and...how on earth do you change the blade? Can't seem to find anything on the ' net. I'd like to try it out. I'm on my phone now, will try to post a pic later.
You buy Schick blades in an injector available at Amazon or Ebay.
Steve gave you a couple of excellent links in the post above this one.
Also look at "THE Injector Razor Thread" for lots of information.

Last edited:
Seem consensus is around 30 shaves. I'm only on shave 10 on my L1 and shave 5 on my G so I cannot verify this for certain but the blades are still very sharp at 10 from what I can tell.

Hmm, that is very useful information. Has anyone said why injector blades last so much longer than DE blades? I just got my first injector (J1) and shaved with it for the first time on Saturday. I was impressed with how comfortable a shave (three passes, almost as close as my better shaves with a DE), but wondered what the blade lifespans were compared to DE, especially since you don't rotate sides of the blade as you do with a DE.

SE and Injector blades are much thicker and stiffer than DE blades, are ground at a different angle, and, I believe, are made from a different type of steel. They cost more than DE blades, but in the case of injector blades, the cost of the injector must be added. However, as mentioned above, they provide very close, comfortable shaves and last much longer than DE blades.

Top Bottom