What's new

Muller & Schmidt DE metal slant

I love the leather cased (almost) vest pocket Deco designed razors. And when they appear as slants, well all the better. As cool as the new stainless razors are that are coming out with increasing frequency, I am more fond of these vintage razors. Although I'll admit they are hard to find. Rarely appearing in the wild, infrequently found on Ebay. Here's what looks to be an unused slant from Germany. I'm planning to use it this week and will report on it's effectiveness, but the beauty of the handle design is what's most striking to me.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I wonder if they really used a standard design and simply embossed their name on the head.
proxy.php

Would have loved to have met the artists who designed this razor.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not an extreme slant, but nonetheless it's a slant.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice touch with that embossed (engraved?) logo on the head. Very classy razor.

Jake,

Another beautiful vintage razor. Makes my small, but sincere, collection pale by comparison. Where DO you find all of these?

Any idea of the time frame this was made? Does "Germany" on the head suggest after the Berlin Wall fall?

Mike

That is drop dead Gorgeous Jake, and in amazing condition too - including the pouch. Wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure when this razor was manufactured. I wonder who would know... Gary (Zeppelinkarte) will likely have theories. I think it's likely post WWII, but who was making handles like that?

i have a complete #8900 in green with case and outershipper and evrything else in NOS condition. the brand of this razor is "pfeilring" translation would be arrowring like the symbol of the brand. your razor is from the 50s-60s

you can still byu shaving stuff from this Company which was founded in 1896
most of you already know this brand cause pfeilring produces the golddachs shaving Soap, too...
http://www.pfeilring.com/en/

as my name indicates... just ask me "iknoweverything" about shaving stuff

Last edited:
I have a handle like that and it came with an Emir head and cap. Not sure if it is the original Emir supplied handle, as all the other Emir razors I've seen have that tapered handle with red "E".

There few version of the models
[ some suggests that they were rebranded Karl Engles]

attachment.php
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of these slant sets. The first picture that Alex shared is my "brown" set (the case is brown). The second one, which I just got recently, is wrapped in black leather and very, very minty. I think I may have to take one of these for a spin soon, now that I am thinking about it.

There few version of the models
[ some suggests that they were rebranded Karl Engles]
attachment.php

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of these slant sets. The first picture that Alex shared is my "brown" set (the case is brown). The second one, which I just got recently, is wrapped in black leather and very, very minty. I think I may have to take one of these for a spin soon, now that I am thinking about it.

How much did you pay, and were you looking for a Leresche or got lucky?

I did find an Ibsen slant razor with D.R.G.M. marking. So that razor must have been made in the 1920ies or 1930ies. That razor is completely made out of brass.

Ok, this is off topic but all I want to state is that there are a few vintage german slant razors out there that are not pot metal razors. The razor that Jake shows here seems to be one of these too.

How much did you pay, and were you looking for a Leresche or got lucky?

Both of them came pretty easily. I didn't have to break the $40 plane for either of them, shipping included.

The set in the photograph above lingered on eBay for several months because the seller was asking $100 using B.I.N, but it eventually went to a auction and nobody noticed it.

As for the Laresche part of your question...I often search for them, but I have yet to find one in my "somebody screwed up" price range. Is there a connection between these sets and Laresche?

Both of them came pretty easily. I didn't have to break the $40 plane for either of them, shipping included.

The set in the photograph above lingered on eBay for several months because the seller was asking $100 using B.I.N, but it eventually went to a auction and nobody noticed it.

As for the Laresche part of your question...I often search for them, but I have yet to find one in my "somebody screwed up" price range. Is there a connection between these sets and Laresche?

I actually think Alex meant to post this in another thread ... :lol:

I did find an Ibsen slant razor with D.R.G.M. marking. So that razor must have been made in the 1920ies or 1930ies. That razor is completely made out of brass.

Ok, this is off topic but all I want to state is that there are a few vintage german slant razors out there that are not pot metal razors. The razor that Jake shows here seems to be one of these too.
Yes, there are some German slants that are not plated over pot metal. This was one. The all metal Fasan slant is another.

Top Bottom