What's new

Paddle Strop

Thinking about getting a paddle strop for travel. Any brands that folks can recommend? I saw one over at Straight Razor Designs. Does anyone have experience with that product?

Thanks.

I have been looking at the modular strop for sharpening/travel but the old strop is still working fine. If you travel with your strop, wrap it in a towel and tape the ends. I've gotten into that and labelling it so TSA doesn't unwrap it and I end up with pressure dents onn the leather face when it gets thrown back in the duffle bag. and slides to the bottom. It will also keep sand ect from work boots in the bag from damaging/contaminating the surface.

ETA: If I did get a paddle strop, I'd put it in a 2 gal ziplock and wrap it with a towel/label also. It is fustrating to leave town for a few weeks and have to short strop on an undamaged portion of your strop because some ahole in TSA thinks your trying to smuggle a piece of C4 flex in your bag without declaring it.

Last edited:
SRD Paddle Strop, can't recommend highly enough. Travels easily and as someone else had mentioned just make sure to wrap it up so it doesn't get damaged by the numb nuts at TSA or other items in your bag.

I have the SRD Modular Paddle Strop. I have nothing bad to say about it. Well made and does the job quite well. I would buy it again.

Top Bottom