What's new

Barbershop Scented Cream?

I'm looking for a barbershop scented cream (a true cream, not a croap or goo). Something in the scent realm of Mike's Barber Shop Soap or B&M's Seville Soap. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Look at Stirling. They have a barbershop scent and a Clubman.

I'm familiar with Stirling and have used their shave and bath soaps. A quick re-check of their website did not turn up any cream. Perhaps I overlooked it....

TOBS "Shaving Shop"

I believe it it has been discontinued but it's still available from various spots

TOBS "Shaving Shop"

I believe it it has been discontinued but it's still available from various spots

Sorry to see this is discontinued. I found it for sale in a few places but I'm participating in the shave sabbatical. Hope I can find it come January!

Bluebeard's Revenge (or 'Dreadnaught', as I believe it's branded in the US) cream is described as a barbershop fragrance. I like the scent a lot, but I've never tried the likes of Stirling or Mike's 'barbershop'-scented products, so I can't comment on how it compares to other modern barbershop interpretations.

FWIW, I find the Proraso creams to be fabulous and providing a bit of 'barbershop' scent.
Especially the Red and the Green.
Others with a 'barbershop' (lavender) tinge include, Speick, tabula rasa, gentlemen's refinery, TOBS lavender, AOS lavender.

I'm looking for a barbershop scented cream (a true cream, not a croap or goo). Something in the scent realm of Mike's Barber Shop Soap or B&M's Seville Soap. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

A very interesting thread.

I'm not familiar with either Mike's or B&M. May I ask you what scents you associate with a barbershop Fongu?

I'm in India and for me a barbershop scent is a mixture of talc(usually floral), drugstore aftershaves, tobacco(we used to be allowed to smoke in the shops, even during the haircut), old worn out leather chairs and newspapers.

Sometime last year I bought a bottle of Pinaud clubman. I could identify with the scent, though I've never been to America . Likewise with Arko, Palmolive and Proraso which leads me to believe that barbershops all over the world have a very similar scent profile?

If so my recommendations would be - Tabac, T&H 1805, Gillette and Godrej.

Top Bottom