What's new

The perfect brush!

Call me crazy, but I think the perfect brush for me would be a stained wood Semogue handle (like my 1250) with an Omega boar 55 mm x 22mm knot. Blonde of course, lol! The semogue handles are superbly comfortable and attractive, and the Omega knots have the perfect face lathering backbone for me. What would your perfect brush be?

No perfect brush for me that is why I have about 8. They all have their qualities than I like. Semogue Owner's Club, Badger and Blade Essential, and Whipped Dog Silvertip all have a place in my starting line-up.

... What would your perfect brush be?
I own the perfect brush for me. I am convinced about this fact. It is the one I use now.

My only problem in showing a picture of it is that I change brush every Saturday. I choose from these, so you can safely say that they are all my perfect brush. :tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:
That's easy, it's my Shavemac. Wait no its my Rudy Vey. Yeah - no hold on, its definitely the Simpsons 58 or is it...

So far, BAD is the only AD I have avoided. I just stick with my trusty Semogue 1305 and don't look at others. I am afraid I'd be tempted to reach out for one or more of those $100+ beauties.

I own the perfect brush for me. I am convinced about this fact. It is the one I use now.

My only problem in showing a picture of it is that I change brush every Saturday. I choose from these, so you can safely say that they are all my perfect brush. :tongue_sm

VERY nice collection you have there Sir! :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought folks would have a lot of opinions about what they like in a brush, looks to me like people appreciate a lot of different brushes. Nice collection bosseb!

Call me crazy, but I think the perfect brush for me would be a stained wood Semogue handle (like my 1250) with an Omega boar 55 mm x 22mm knot. Blonde of course, lol! The semogue handles are superbly comfortable and attractive, and the Omega knots have the perfect face lathering backbone for me.

I am not alone!

Near perfection to me is my Omega 10098. The handle is delightful, and just using it makes me smile. I'm also a big fan of my Semogue 1305, but that Omega 10098 is honestly amazing.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have owned many brand and type of boar, badger, horse and mixed knot shaving brush. Though different, there was something about each of their individual qualities I enjoyed, whether it was backbone, softness of tips, water retention, drying time etc, etc.

Once I discovered the new modern synthetics, Muhle STF and L'occitane Plisson, I just can't enjoy or be satisfied with my favorite boars and badgers anymore. I want to, but the lathers just seem flat to me, especially follow up passes. The synthetics are just so good now, soft tips, nice backbone, splay well, don't have to soak, and dry amazingly fast, not to mention huge lathers with very little product. They have absolutely ruined my brush collection.

Top Bottom