What's new

What video game are you playing?

I finally finished Fallout: New Vegas, kicked everyone out of Vegas (after I screwed up the NCR storyline). Not a fan of the storyboard ending, don't think I'll replay it too much. I've been playing some Black Ops 2 while waiting for an A/V cable adapter to come in so I can play some Rocksmith.

I think I may treat myself to a PS4 for Father's Day.

Fallout 4. Been having fun creating a settlement just for my charater.
$tmp_31330-20160513_230939-491800117.jpg

I finally got it! South Park The Stick of Truth is backward compatible on XBOne and available to download. I've been wishing I could play that one for a long time, love South Park! I started last night and so far I like it! Definitely a for the fans game, but the gameplay and RPG-ness are classic good. Diggin' it a lot!

Fired up Diablo on the PC again. Started a Witch Doctor and a Monk in season 6. Also playing a little Division with friends on occasion. Plan on finishing Dark Souls 3 on my days off.

I just finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Best adventure game ever, no kidding. Absolutely epic with everything the previous Uncharted games made so great and more. Lots of interesting backstory that helps explain the main characters and their motivation. The environments are absolutely beautiful.

Uncharted 4, on chapter 14. I think theres 10 more chapters.

I am absolutely amazed at these graphics.

i may get doom after this.

Decided I don't have the money to get as copy of Dark Souls 3 so I've gone back to Bloodborne to get my fix. Starting a new skill based build rocking a cane.

Going to switch between Diablo 3 and this for a while.

I know this is a little old but as someone that's a big fan of the whole series i think it's worth you getting into Dark Souls 3. This latest offering is a lot closer to Bloodbourne than previous games with it being faster and actual dodging. The look is closer i think as well. The older games are still brilliant by the way and are pretty cheap on Steam now.

I'm playing Dark Souls 3 by the way (just wanted to scroll back and see if anyone else was too) :tongue_sm

I know this is a little old but as someone that's a big fan of the whole series i think it's worth you getting into Dark Souls 3. This latest offering is a lot closer to Bloodbourne than previous games with it being faster and actual dodging. The look is closer i think as well. The older games are still brilliant by the way and are pretty cheap on Steam now.

I'm playing Dark Souls 3 by the way (just wanted to scroll back and see if anyone else was too) :tongue_sm

I can't stand the DS series and I've played some of the hardest games ever when you had no pause button etc. The problem I have with the games is that much of the challenge is because of bad controls and I'm not into that when the games cost a fortune there are so many much more enjoyable games (to me Dragon's Dogma was what Dark Souls should have been) -- seriously, there are still bugs that have been there since Demon Souls! If I want to get hit by bad game development I'll fire up my emulator and play something from an 80's or 90's console for free.

I can't stand the DS series and I've played some of the hardest games ever when you had no pause button etc. The problem I have with the games is that much of the challenge is because of bad controls and I'm not into that when the games cost a fortune there are so many much more enjoyable games (to me Dragon's Dogma was what Dark Souls should have been) -- seriously, there are still bugs that have been there since Demon Souls! If I want to get hit by bad game development I'll fire up my emulator and play something from an 80's or 90's console for free.

I disagree, i wouldn't say Dark Souls is hard, it just doesn't hold your hand in the beginning. It's the same as any game where you need to work within the system of the game. I wouldn't say the controls are bad, although i don't miss the 4 way rolling of the first game, i get on with the contol's fine. I can't comment on Dragons Dogma because i've never played it. The pricing is pretty much the same as most other AAA games out there. Each to their own but i'd rather play any of the souls/ born series over pretty much anything else on the market at the moment.

I disagree, i wouldn't say Dark Souls is hard, it just doesn't hold your hand in the beginning. It's the same as any game where you need to work within the system of the game. I wouldn't say the controls are bad, although i don't miss the 4 way rolling of the first game, i get on with the contol's fine. I can't comment on Dragons Dogma because i've never played it. The pricing is pretty much the same as most other AAA games out there. Each to their own but i'd rather play any of the souls/ born series over pretty much anything else on the market at the moment.
You are the first I've heard that would say is not hard lol.

You are the first I've heard that would say is not hard lol.

Well i don't mean to brag but i'm pretty awesome :lol:

Nah but seriously, i think it's challenging but not impossible. I don't know if the series has gotten easier as it's progressed or i've just improved with time playing (roughly) the same game. I actually gave up playing the first one because i thought it was impossible at the time, i bought it on a steam sale after i completed the second game and got through it kind of ok. I like that it's challenging without just whacking extra health on things and having to watch for telegraphs to counter things. There are definitely harder games, i think i'm going to try Dragons Dogma based on your suggestions.

So yeah, the point, i think it's harder than most AAA games around at the moment but i think it's only hard by comparison. Half the FPS's out there you walk around like a god and a lot of the RPG's just try and constantly reward you with bigger and shinier things. I like a game that i can feel my investment paying off in a character. You want armour that actually stops damage than you need to invest in stats. You want to actually be able to dodge something you have to do the same.

Most of the bosses/ enemies have taken me several tries through the series, but once you can tell the telegraph and get a grip of the timing then you can get through them. Something that's taken a bit of effort is all the more rewarding from it.

Well i don't mean to brag but i'm pretty awesome :lol:

Nah but seriously, i think it's challenging but not impossible. I don't know if the series has gotten easier as it's progressed or i've just improved with time playing (roughly) the same game. I actually gave up playing the first one because i thought it was impossible at the time, i bought it on a steam sale after i completed the second game and got through it kind of ok. I like that it's challenging without just whacking extra health on things and having to watch for telegraphs to counter things. There are definitely harder games, i think i'm going to try Dragons Dogma based on your suggestions.

So yeah, the point, i think it's harder than most AAA games around at the moment but i think it's only hard by comparison. Half the FPS's out there you walk around like a god and a lot of the RPG's just try and constantly reward you with bigger and shinier things. I like a game that i can feel my investment paying off in a character. You want armour that actually stops damage than you need to invest in stats. You want to actually be able to dodge something you have to do the same.

Most of the bosses/ enemies have taken me several tries through the series, but once you can tell the telegraph and get a grip of the timing then you can get through them. Something that's taken a bit of effort is all the more rewarding from it.

When you say the first one do you mean the second first one? :wink2: The first one was actually Demon Souls, which I did play a bit after getting Dark Souls just to see what it was like.

Dragon's Dogma has the best boss fight mechanics IMO, jumping on a dragon is fun!

ETA: oh and don't forget to watch the honest trailer for DS3:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say the first one do you mean the second first one? :wink2: The first one was actually Demon Souls, which I did play a bit after getting Dark Souls just to see what it was like.

Dragon's Dogma has the best boss fight mechanics IMO, jumping on a dragon is fun!

Yeah, sorry Dark Souls 1, not Demons Souls. Haven't played Demon Souls as it's not on Steam. Blood Bourne i've only played on a mates PS as well. Don't even get me started on console "exclusive" games :lol:

I'll check that out when i'm not at work :thumbup1:

So I sold a bunch of shave gear, and then got the brain wave that it might be fun to buy a PS4...

Haven't done it yet, but I was wondering if you PS4 guys could tell me all about the must have, only on PS4 games I would want to buy this thing for? :biggrin1:

Top Bottom