What's new

What video game are you playing?

Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I thought it would be awesome, but I'm finding it kind of meh. I don't think the open world format really fits in with this style of Lego game. And don't get me started on the non configurable controls. I need to have my Y axis inverted! I doubt I'll be getting 100% completion on this one (need to do a lot of flying races) purely for that reason. :/

Loved the Xcom reboot.

I popped in Civilization Revolutions the other day. I'm trying to a Deity level win each way with each Civ. Just got my Tech win with the Japanese over the weekend. I think I still need an Economic win with them, then everything but a Domination win with the Americans, Mongols, and French. 9 more games...at least.

I just started Fallout: New Vegas. Great game so far. I really like The Elder Scrolls series, so I am surprised that it has taken me so long to discover the Fallout series.

Never cared so much for the elder scrolls franchise, but fallout has gotten to be one of my faves! Mass effect is pretty killer too if you like fallout.

Sadly, I did not care for the first Mass Effect game. The Elder Scrolls series is my favorite of all time. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Fallout and Fallout NV are great! Probably my top 2 favorite games. Skyrim is in my top 5.
If you haven't played Red Dead Redemption, give it a try. It's a lot like Grand Theft Auto, but with cowboy and horses. But the story line is lot more involved than anything GTA ever had-- much more like a Fallout/Skyrim plotline.

If you like Fallout and Skyrim, you might want to try Mass Effect again, but maybe start with ME2 or 3 -- I discovered Mass Effect by playing ME2 first, then 3 and finishing with 1. ME 1 while good, is pretty dated when compared to the others (and to other franchises) and they hadn't quite figured out the combat system yet. It's not representative of the other two. No great loss if you only play 2 and 3 -- you don't need to know the back story.

I have recently gotten back into the fighter genre and have been playing street fighter IV ultimate and the new Mortal Kombat.

The new graphics are amazing but my reflexes are not as good as they were when I was a teen.

Alongside that I am playing the batman games(specifically Arkham origins) , having just finished shadows of mordor, which was exceptional.

I just bought a new ips monitor from Korea and I must say everything looks incredible!

Fallout and Fallout NV are great! Probably my top 2 favorite games. Skyrim is in my top 5.
If you haven't played Red Dead Redemption, give it a try. It's a lot like Grand Theft Auto, but with cowboy and horses. But the story line is lot more involved than anything GTA ever had-- much more like a Fallout/Skyrim plotline.

If you like Fallout and Skyrim, you might want to try Mass Effect again, but maybe start with ME2 or 3 -- I discovered Mass Effect by playing ME2 first, then 3 and finishing with 1. ME 1 while good, is pretty dated when compared to the others (and to other franchises) and they hadn't quite figured out the combat system yet. It's not representative of the other two. No great loss if you only play 2 and 3 -- you don't need to know the back story.

I haven't played Fallout: NV yet, loved Fallout 3. I played the heck out of it. I think it may have burned me out and that's why I never got NV.

I agree that Mass Effect 2 was a lot better than Mass Effect 1. They toned down the weapons/gear loadouts so you weren't spending a ton of time configuring weapons and lugging gear around. Made for a smoother game playing experience. What I enjoyed most were the NPC interactions and how they effected the end game coupled with team choices and the results. ME2 was my favorite of the series.

Been trying to play a lot of dark souls. Such a cool game but the constant dying starts to get on your nerves after a while... Really want to move on to dark souls 2 but id love to get thru the first one first.

I haven't played Fallout: NV yet, loved Fallout 3. I played the heck out of it. I think it may have burned me out and that's why I never got NV.

My dirty little secret is that I've never actually finished either Fallout3 or New Vegas. Or most games for that matter. I always get distracted by something else, or end up not having time to game for a while. There's a few I've finished, like all the Mass Effects, Heavy Rain and Bioshock Infinite.
But with the Fallouts and Skyrim, I have hours upon hours into them, but always end up exploring and playing the side quests. I've probably restarted each one 5 times, rolling a new character each time. But after leveling up into the 20s or 30s and becoming reasonably powerful, I lose interest and re-roll.

Still won't stop me from buying a PS4 when Fallout4 comes out though -- and that BETTER be what Bethesda is announcing next month!

My dirty little secret is that I've never actually finished either Fallout3 or New Vegas. Or most games for that matter. I always get distracted by something else, or end up not having time to game for a while. There's a few I've finished, like all the Mass Effects, Heavy Rain and Bioshock Infinite.
But with the Fallouts and Skyrim, I have hours upon hours into them, but always end up exploring and playing the side quests. I've probably restarted each one 5 times, rolling a new character each time. But after leveling up into the 20s or 30s and becoming reasonably powerful, I lose interest and re-roll.

Still won't stop me from buying a PS4 when Fallout4 comes out though -- and that BETTER be what Bethesda is announcing next month!

:laugh: I'm very similar. I hit all the side quests I come across. Kegsmasher, destroyer of dragons, is off to save Skyrim from the evil dragons threatening to rip a whole in reality; when suddenly... "Excuse me sir. Would you please take this necklace to my granddaughter on the other side of the country?" "Why certainly little, old lady. The dragons will wait for me...."

I know it is time to finish the game when I hit the level cap...

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood on Steam. I forgot how much fun Wolfenstein games can be. I haven't played one in years.

I've been playing Final Fantasy VI, but I took a break a while ago and haven't returned. Been spending a lot of time playing Solitaire on my phone, actually.

Starting to revisit my pile of shame. Started with Violett. Love the art style and music, which is the main reason I bought it, but the gameplay is a little flat.

Top Bottom