What's new

What video game are you playing?

Tried Dark Souls and I'm in the hate it with a passion camp.

This game is fairly polarizing. Personally, I love the first one but don't care for the second. I enjoy hardcore games. Most of what I have installed on my laptop are Roguelikes (ADOM, Nethack, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, etc.) so you could say I like a challenge.

This game is fairly polarizing. Personally, I love the first one but don't care for the second. I enjoy hardcore games. Most of what I have installed on my laptop are Roguelikes (ADOM, Nethack, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, etc.) so you could say I like a challenge.

I loved Dark Souls. It was hard but not cheap. You had to move slow, take your time, any enemy was a threat.

In the beginning of the game you were pretty weak and the game was quite hard. Near the end though, you started really getting powerful and could take a whole lot of damage. The game was frustrating at times (Smough and Ornstein boss was a real pain in the butt) but when you beat a boss you had a real feeling of accomplishment. I liked Dark Souls 2 also but I still think Dark Souls was the best.

Just finished Borderlands 2 with my 3rd character a few weeks ago. Just started playing Skyrim. It's amazing how much my Skyrim character is like my Fallout character. Sneak, Rifles, and Repair vs Sneak, Archery, and Smithing.

Ok, so I'm gearing up for the winter and got myself a new game oriented laptop, not the high end but good, and am playing the Witcher. I'm going to be on GOG for most of my games for a while.

Haven't played for a while but Skyrim was taking up way too much of my time a few months ago. I also have an Amiga A500 that I have had since new in late 80's, me and a few friends grab a few beers and play some old games now and then, it's a bit of a 'hold your breath' thing when we plug it in and hope it switches on ok:biggrin1:

Started playing Vanquish last night. Got it for free on PSN well over a year ago, but only just downloaded it yesterday.

It's... twitchy. Pretty damn intense. Haven't really playing games much these days, so this may have been a poor choice for me to get back into it.

Once summer is gone, though, it's gonna be Skyrim season until probably March :lol:

PS3'er here. Right now, while waiting rather impatiently for the next Fallout, I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It's interesting since the last Deus Ex I played was the PC game back in 2000....

Recently played through Mass Effect trilogy (2nd time), Dishonored, Dragon Age, Kingdoms of Amalur.

Always have a few Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim save games to fall back on too.

For the Skyrim players, which melee weapon did you prefer: axe, mace, or sword?

When I'm not using my bow I've been hitting fools with a variety of maces (including the warhammer). I've been focused on the big damage stat.

When I'm not using my bow I've been hitting fools with a variety of maces (including the warhammer). I've been focused on the big damage stat.
Haven't played for a while but seem to remember dual wielding Daedric swords for a while, then a mace in one hand and sword in the other sometimes. Really need to start a new character and get back in to it again

Sword and shield, usually. Did a warhammer character once, that was pretty fun. But usually I stick to sword and shield.

Don't get much time these days, but I'm slowly working my way through Heavy Rain. So far so good.

I've also just bought a Logitech joystick so I can rediscover the Wing Commander series. Man , I loved those games!

I choose...Bow. I always love playing the sniper in these games. Dual wield swords in melee if I have to choose.

About seven years ago I bought GTA:SA for PC. I got around to playing it last month. Finished it 100% plus all the extra accomplishments and fun. Today got level 100 for Vigilante.

What took me so long to get around to playing it? For the past seven years I've been playing Photoshop.

I'm currently replaying Far Cry 2.

Holding off on some of the newer games until this January when I build a new PC (current build is 6 years old) as a graduation gift to self. Of course...a fancy razor set may also be a graduation gift now (I have a Mhule and EJ on my with list).

Agreed. Too bad the company went under. The franchise had potential and it was one of the most unique things to come out in a while. Combat system was very well done.

I hope someone else picks up the franchise. It could stand a bit of improvement on the story telling side but the combat system was amazing.

Top Bottom