What's new

First Complete Shave

I started out slow, first shaving only my cheeks with a straight razor before finishing with a DE. I kept including more areas. Finally, after I finally got relaxed enough with the idea that my fingers stopped cramping halfway through a shave, I managed to shave the whole face.

A few weepers -- I've done more damage with an aggressive DE. Overall, the shave wasn't quite as good as I can get with my Fatboy, but then my first shaves with a DE were probably lacking something as well. It will come.

The upside: now I don't have to keep buying razor blades.

The downside: Now I've caught a whole new strain of razor acquisition disorder. :blink:

Congrats on your first. I started a couple of months ago, but I am taking a break. I think I spoiled my blades and I need to try some film to restore the edge, but too busy trying to make a living.

Good luck and keep it up.

Last edited:
Congrats on your first successful with a DE razor! It's not uncommon to have an occasional weeper or two as you are still in the process of learning to shave with DE razor. Your technique will improve and you will get better results over time.

Congrats on your first successful with a DE razor! It's not uncommon to have an occasional weeper or two as you are still in the process of learning to shave with DE razor. Your technique will improve and you will get better results over time.

No, first with a STRAIGHT razor. I've been using a DE off and on for about 50 years.

A good start, well done on not rushing in and trying it all at once!
it is a steep learning curve but worthwhile too.

Top Bottom