What's new

Got My Plisson!!

Finally got it. Took it for a test lather spin with L'Occitane shaving cream. Seemed appropriate. Whipped up a nice amount of lather very quickly. Impressive and ultra soft. Softest I've ever felt on a brush. Softer then my WD Silvertip. Now it sits with the rest of my collection. $uploadfromtaptalk1410634082386.jpg

It's a great brush.

Since synthetics don't hold water well, in order to whip-up the best lather, I recommend loading from a fairly dry brush, and then gradually adding water.

Enjoy.

That's great!
I recommend spending at least two minutes lathering the brush on the face!
No!
Four minutes even better!!
Enjoy!

Just got mine today too! Haven't used it on my face yet, but the hand lathers I tested it out with have me looking forward to its first use!

Glad you are enjoying the luxuriousness of your Plisson. I am just starting to try out synthetics and wanted to try one but they are $100AUD at L'Occitane in Australia. Also not sure how I'd like it as I face lather soaps almost exclusively and I've read some who say the Plisson can be a bit on the floppy side. OTOH others say it's fantastic. Anyhow, I decided to try the cheaper, shorter lofted Grooming Co. New Generation Synthetic Badger to compare with my very soft tipped Muhle Silvertip Fibre. It should be here in a fortnight or so. Looking forward to hearing your further impressions as you use the Plisson more.

I love mine, congratulations on the score. Now I want to try some of the other L'Occitane products, none of which I have.

Also not sure how I'd like it as I face lather soaps almost exclusively and I've read some who say the Plisson can be a bit on the floppy side. OTOH others say it's fantastic.
Most of the other synthetics will feel "springy" compared to the Plisson. They'll have more backbone, but not necessarily the right type of backbone.

I could never get the hang of face lathering with a shave stick until I tried it with my Plisson. It's the best brush I ever used for face lathering.

Most of the other synthetics will feel "springy" compared to the Plisson. They'll have more backbone, but not necessarily the right type of backbone.
Well, I guess I'll succumb and buy the Plisson eventually as that's the only way I can judge if it feels right for me, esp. given that a lot of face latherers speak highly of it. The price difference down here is probably due to our much smaller market. Whilst an extra $55-65AUD for the brush is not ruinous I do balk at paying such a premium. Does anybody here know if there is a L'Occitane outlet in Honolulu? I'll be doing a quick trip there at the end of this month.

Well, I guess I'll succumb and buy the Plisson eventually as that's the only way I can judge if it feels right for me, esp. given that a lot of face latherers speak highly of it. The price difference down here is probably due to our much smaller market. Whilst an extra $55-65AUD for the brush is not ruinous I do balk at paying such a premium. Does anybody here know if there is a L'Occitane outlet in Honolulu? I'll be doing a quick trip there at the end of this month.

If the Cade brush is much more expensive down under, it may be more cost effective to buy a Plisson synthetic directly from the company with a handle of your choice.

Actually there are apparently 2 L'Occitane outlets there. I should have Googled before posting the question. Looks like a Plisson at $US value is in my immediate future.

Just checked out the Plisson website you put the link to Branford. Thanks again. The cost would work out about the same as buying the Cade here but they sure have a wonderful selection of handles to choose from on their website. Is the cade brush sold at L'Occitane a 12?

Just checked out the Plisson website you put the link to Branford. Thanks again. The cost would work out about the same as buying the Cade here but they sure have a wonderful selection of handles to choose from on their website. Is the cade brush sold at L'Occitane a 12?

I generally like to face lather with a medium-firm silvertip brush, and I think the Plisson synthetic is excellent. It easily earned a place in my regular rotation.

I've tried some other synthetics, including the Muhle STF v.2, and found them too "springy" for my regular use outside of traveling. The Plisson is VERY soft, loads easily with less soap necessary for a good lather than my badgers and boars, and while not super firm, has more than adequate backbone to face lather. It is definitely NOT scrubby at all. As with all synthetics, it dries quickly. Although the handle is comfortable and reasonably attractive, I would have preferred a resin handle over wood. The faux tortoise and horn handles on the Plisson website look very attractive . . .

Top Bottom