What's new

Got a Kitten!

I had a friend with a (well trained but) very large and playful Rot. My cat used to back him up into the corner and the poor dog would whine till we "rescued" him.

Most times dogs and cats get on just fine, it's the influence of people that make it bad. I think one cat plus one dog is good. Dogs in pairs or small groups exhibit pack mentality sometimes that could account for your experience.

Here's my buddy, follows me everywhere in the house:

View attachment 495384
Looks exactly like my buddy Annie, she watches me shave and where I am, she is! Thanks for sharing!

I have some outdoor cats. The female Catherine II had 3. We kept one and gave the other 2 to a friend. Now the male Meatloaf is a cuddlebug. I might have more coming the little one is in heat.

I've read that a certain percentage of Siberian Forest Cats havea genetic mutation where they don't produce the FeLD1 antigen, which is responsible for most cat allergies. Congratulations on finding one!

I love cats. Except when they soil outside the litterbox, or claw the furniture, or wake me up at 3 AM. :laugh:

I am a big cat person and have had cats my whole life. I currently have 2, one of them looks like your cat. The other we have had forever, she is about 17 years old. Congrats on finding a cat that works with your allergies.

Mowgli has arrived.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413839339770.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413839339770.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 131
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413839370339.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413839370339.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 132
Looks exactly like my buddy Annie, she watches me shave and where I am, she is! Thanks for sharing!
Scary!!! I have one that looks identical and her name is Annie too!!! Not unusual for her to sit on the counter watching me shave! Love her!

Cats are great, we have two. One pukes all over everything and both rip and tear evrry pice of furniture we have.

So if you have nice stuff say goodbye to it. I also hate the litter box. There is nowhere good to put it and there in no invention made that keeps the litter anywhere near the box. Litter sticks to cats feet and drops off as far as 210 feet away.

As for our dogs. We just ripped up all our carpet and put down wood. When our dogs got older they thought it was OK to use the carpet instead of going out. Now we have two girl dogs who are just to lazy to go out all the time.

All that being said we love our pets like our kids and adapt.

If you can't adapt then you can't have a pet.

If you have a puking cat, talk to the vet about possible inflammatory bowel disease. We have one that was just miserable. She's now on prednisolone (like prednisone, milder in ways) and Famotidine (pepcid) and she's a new cat. We're even (knock on wood) thinking about new carpet.

If you have a puking cat, talk to the vet about possible inflammatory bowel disease. We have one that was just miserable. She's now on prednisolone (like prednisone, milder in ways) and Famotidine (pepcid) and she's a new cat. We're even (knock on wood) thinking about new carpet.

He pukes when he gets a hold of dry food. We feed our pets raw food. He's an outside cat an he eats at neighbors who think he's starving because he's not fat.

Ah ... yeah I can see that. Dry food was one of the reasons one of my cats became a diabetic ... all that corn and other grains. They are meat eaters! Look at the teeth!

He pukes when he gets a hold of dry food. We feed our pets raw food. He's an outside cat an he eats at neighbors who think he's starving because he's not fat.

Ah ... yeah I can see that. Dry food was one of the reasons one of my cats became a diabetic ... all that corn and other grains. They are meat eaters! Look at the teeth!

Yeah, we're feeding him a homemade diet that is 90% meat. Seems to be doing just fine. Breeder raised him on this though.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And cats and dogs digestive systems are set up for meat only- raw is preferable.

Dogs are actually omnivores, although it's more meat-heavy than our diet. Cats however are definitely carnivores exclusively in nature.

I'm not sure I believe raw is preferable if we are not talking about actually killing the animal and eating it right away, although I'm not going to fault anyone for trying to give their furry children the best they can. Until there's more comprehensive/long term data I think it's an option one can use.

Dogs are actually omnivores, although it's more meat-heavy than our diet. Cats however are definitely carnivores exclusively in nature.

I'm not sure I believe raw is preferable if we are not talking about actually killing the animal and eating it right away, although I'm not going to fault anyone for trying to give their furry children the best they can. Until there's more comprehensive/long term data I think it's an option one can use.

I have been feeding my dogs Raw for 9 years so I have plenty of real data from real people.

Almost everyone one of the dogs go to the vet the vet always says what great health the dog is in and also at a great weight the dog is.

The person then tells them they feed raw. Then the vet tells them how bad it is. Funny thing is that conversation always repeats itself every year as most of these pets only need annual check ups.

It's a balanced raw diet so it is AFCO approved.

The cat gets raw Turkey with a mix added to it.

I know people with diabetic animals that have either reduced their insulin dosage or eliminated it completely.

This has been animal tested and I wouldn't feed my pets anything else.

90% of the people out there think that kibble is great and convenient. Just like cartridges and foam. But we know that's just advertising hype.

So you can wait for an industry that makes lots of money to give you a definitive answer that tells the truth but costs them money or you can wait till they start losing money to people who know the truth and then start selling their own good products like purina has started doing with their no corn wheat or soy product because they are losing market share and people are leaving them.

Dogs are scavengers but their teeth are carnivores. They don't have flat molars.

Feed your pets raw and you won't need to add lots of supplements.

You don't have to add junk when all the nutrition is in the food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom