What's new

Any IPA drinkers out there?

I love IPAs. The good thing about them is that it is fairly straight forward to make an acceptable IPA.
Myself I prefer the IPAs from small breweries. And since I live in Norway, my preferences will probably not be very relevant to anyone in other countries!

But anyway: Try Brew Dog. Can't miss.

Otherwise: Come visit Norway. I'll buy the first round.

Bitter Ales are my preference, but I do enjoy Sam Adams Rebel IPA and Harpoon IPA.

Paul, I've had regular Ballantine at Doyle's in Jamaica Plain and like it. I'll look for the Ballantine IPA there and at better packies.

IPAs are by far my favorite. I love almost anything by Stone, especially. If you can get ahold of their "Enjoy By," limited release, you are in for a treat. Also enjoy Bell Two hearted, Pike's, Sam Smith's... Too many to list.

The only one I like is Nosferatu, but I'm weird like that and it should be available soon given that Halloween is around the corner.

Yeah but I'd rather drink an IPA at 60 deg than at 30 degrees. Tastes worse too cold. Too cold is only good for stuff like Bud light, etc... Cause they don't have any taste anyway so you're not missing anything.

Lots of IPA s out there, most of which are not really true IPAs. They are HOP BOMbs calling themselves IPAs. I love a good hoppy beer, but so many today are completely un balanced, that they are not IPAs to me. Try something like a Bells Two Hearted ale, for a nice, strong, hoppy but balanced with malt brew.... Yummy.

I'm a big fan of Bell's Two Hearted, but I can enjoy the hop bombs too. The first time I had Pliny the Elder, I thought --wow, that's crazy hoppy but I like it. Now, I'm not really sure that I separate the categories anymore. My current favorite IPAs are Three Floyds Zombie Dust and NoDa's Hop, Drop and Roll.

Bitter Ales are my preference, but I do enjoy Sam Adams Rebel IPA and Harpoon IPA.

Paul, I've had regular Ballantine at Doyle's in Jamaica Plain and like it. I'll look for the Ballantine IPA there and at better packies.

Doyle's--what a great place.

Last edited:
I like a good hop bomb, but I hate getting stuck judging the IPA category at a competition. I always walk out with a headache.

Trying this IPA while in New Orleans on business. I love me some IPA. My go to is Red Hook Long Hammer as it's available at almost every grocery store.

I dare say the hoppier the better.
$uploadfromtaptalk1410830366647.jpg

I enjoy IPAs/hoppy beers. I'm trying to determine though which hops are actually my favorite. I enjoy the Stone IPA, Founders All Day IPA, and the Sierra Nevada Torpedo, amongst others. I do not enjoy the Ranger IPA from New Belgium very much however. I find it more of an "earthy" taste, where I prefer the citrus/grapefruit taste out of the IPAs I drink.

Nice response on the IPA's, but guys seriously, if you have not tried the Ballantine IPA, and you are able to find some, be sure to try it. IMHO it is a really good IPA. I know for sure its being marketed here in the Northeast first, but it shouldn't be long before it makes its way all over.

Nice response on the IPA's, but guys seriously, if you have not tried the Ballantine IPA, and you are able to find some, be sure to try it. IMHO it is a really good IPA. I know for sure its being marketed here in the Northeast first, but it shouldn't be long before it makes its way all over.

If it makes its way down to Cackalacky, I'll definitely grab some.

Top Bottom