What's new

New set up. Need some advice

Just purchased a Bonavita drip and Baratza Encore grinder. They arrived today and I am excited to begin brewing. Anyway, the grinder has a recommended grind setting for auto drip which is the 13-14 setting. I'm new to this and am wondering if there is anyone here with the same set up who could tell me what they are grinding at? I know there will be preferences. Lot's of what I have found online seems to indicate a bit courser grind (18-20). I'm just trying to get a jump off point. No doubt I'll find my way in time but would like to get a baseline. I am fortunate to have a local roaster and picked up a 1LB bag today which will be in the pot tomorrow.

Lastly, I've read that it's not recommended to brew less than a full pot. Has anyone brewed less on their Bonavita and, if so, was there that much of a difference? I was thinking in the 4-6 cup range.

Last edited:
When brewing less than a full pot, try using a finer grind than what works well for a full pot. It will take some experimentation and may be harder to strike the right balance but that should help compensate.

When brewing less than a full pot, try using a finer grind than what works well for a full pot. It will take some experimentation and may be harder to strike the right balance but that should help compensate.

I'll give that a shot.

Top Bottom