What's new

A really good, pure scented citrus soap?

I emailed Mama Bear about this one, but I'll put it to the group too. I have two n0on-comfort items to consider when I choose a soap. I am a transplant recipient, and the medications I take make my skin problematic. Anything left behind is bad. So a soap or cream that cleans off easily is a must. Mama Bear is good for that. Also to add insult, I am prone to migraines. If I have an aura, certain scents will hammer me. Mostly florals or colognes. Citrus is great, and actually seems to help. So my limes are good, but variety would be too. Is there is a good, pure scented lemon, grapefruit or orange out there that works as well as Mama Bear?

QED:

- Fresh Lime
- Wild Organe
- Bergamot

All awesome, each one better than the other...

Colleen Hurley (owner/operator/soapmistress) of The Gentlemen's Quarter (TSD) makes Lime Margarita (FO) and Orange Patchouli (EO) shaving soap; Orange Patchouli is also available as shaving cream.

I've been using her soaps (although not these two) for over a year and, after hot 'n cold rinses, no residue is left on my face. YMMV.

Quick note about the QED soaps - they are very powerfully scented due to generous additions of essential oils. If you have sensitive skin be careful.

Also think about Art of Shaving Lemon.

Boots shaving soap just smells of citrus to me, but it's a tad synthetic- certainly not fine fragrance. However, it's a surprisingly good soap, lathers up rich as any and leaves the skin feeling good.

I know - I just got some. Isn't it awesome stuff? If it works half as well as it smells, I'm buying it by the case! And Tryphons service is amazing. I had the cream here, from Italy, faster than I usually get stuff from domestic suppliers.

I know - I just got some. Isn't it awesome stuff? If it works half as well as it smells, I'm buying it by the case! And Tryphons service is amazing. I had the cream here, from Italy, faster than I usually get stuff from domestic suppliers.

He is in Florida...

Colleen Hurley (owner/operator/soapmistress) of The Gentlemen's Quarter (TSD) makes Lime Margarita (FO) and Orange Patchouli (EO) shaving soap; Orange Patchouli is also available as shaving cream.

I've been using her soaps (although not these two) for over a year and, after hot 'n cold rinses, no residue is left on my face. YMMV.

+1 on the Lime Margarita as well as her soaps being great too

I have the QED Wild Orange, and I love it. I don't find it to be too bitter - to me, it smells like I have taken orange juice concentrate and smeared it on my face - wonderful!

The QED Lime is also excellent. I would agree, though, that if you have sensitivity issues, QED might not be the best option, as Charles does not skimp on the oils - there are a few that I absolutely love the scent of (Violetta and Bay Rum) but had to let go, because they just burned my face. I don't have that problem, though, with Lime and Wild Orange.

I would also consider the AOS lemon cream. I have some ordered, and can't wait to try it. It is a cream, not a soap - but I believe they also only use essential oil. With the discount code GuessWhosBack, you can get a tube of the stuff for $12.60, and shipping in the U.S. is free, from On The Fly (www.onthefly.com).

Top Bottom