What's new

Thank You PIF!

I have been DE Shaving for just over one year now and I have accumulated lots of great stuff. I have won a few PIF's and joined a few pass-arounds that have made trying new things so much easier!

In order to say thanks for all the advice, help, and stuff sent to me I am offering up a PIF. Hopefully the variety in this PIF will help expand someone's boundaries and/or be a good started kit for someone.

This is open to CONUS and Canada only due to the aftershaves.

Here it is:
  • 2 VEG 3-4 ox Samples (Masters and Pinaud). *I didn't mind the VEG but my wife vetoed it so I thought I would pass it along.
  • Full Bottle of Pinaud Clubman, just not my scent, I think it's what my Grandfather wore.
  • A Chip off the old block...of Cella. This will be more than a chip, I cut a cube about 2-3 inches cubed. Shipped in a ziplock bag for you to press into the container of your choice.
  • A new puck of VDH Luxury soap. This was my first soap and is still one of my favorites.
  • A Gillette Tech TTO . Won this in a PIF and I already have a TTO Red Tip that is very similar. So I'm passing the love around.
  • A Semogue 620. I traded for this one awhile back wanting to try a boar brush. Its a great brush but I have the B&B Essential Boar and a nice Badger so it just doesn't get the love it should.
  • Some Astra SP Blades. These are my daily blades. Work great it my Red Tip.

To Enter post the usual "I'm in". In addition, I am a little bit of a technology nut. Love gadgets and gizmos. So please also add an item of technology that you used in that is no longer around in that form. For example, in college I used a palm pilot all the time, to be honest I used it most as my alarm clock but I also used it to track assignments and homework and such. With the rise of smart phones that tech is just not around like that anymore (thank goodness :biggrin1:)

Good luck and I am interested to hear what some of you guys list for your technology.

Oh and this PIF will close and the winner will be announced on 9/29. The winner will be chosen at random.
$shavestuff.JPG

I'm In!

I've only been at this for about 9 months, and I haven't tried any of the gear you have there. Boo me.

Vintage tech:) I had one of these bad boys as a kid. I'm glad it's gone, but the little teal play button was awesome.

proxy.php

I'm in.

Thank you for the opportunity. That is a great pif.

As a pack-rat, and historic re-enactor I have lots of old technology in the house.
Still have the family wash-board. A ribbed glass model in a wooden frame. It is good to use at longer re-enactments for washing the period outfits. As they are made from natural dyes, and some are hand sewn they are not put into washing machines or dryers.

Still have our vacuum tube stereos from the '60's. They take awhile to warm up, but once there they have a very nice sound. I would describe it as a richness of tone.

Sir, this is an awesome PIF! Great for a beginner or anyone else that wants to try a variety of great items. Not in, but just wanted to say that I commend you for your generosity!

Awesome PIF! I'm in! Been wanting to try Cella and the Veg for quite some time!

As for old tech, for a few years back in the 90's, I carried one of these with me at school. I think mine was actually a 64kb model, without backlight, but you get the jist.

$$_57.jpg

I'm in I've never tried Cella.
I still have this at home in the box, it was very short lived technology. I also have the recorder for it as well.
proxy.php

I'm in! I really want to get a TTO razor, and the other items look great too, although I already have a large bottle of Clubman. I could re-PIF that though.

Past Gizmo - boombox!

I'm in. For years I have had a first generation iPod. I know, still somewhat a current tech item, but anyone ever tried to find a new cable for it?

I'm IN. Still have a couple tube radios. They well pre-date me, but man, oh man, do they sound good when warmed up and working well.

Dean

I'm in. Thanks for the PIF!

Here's a tech gadget that was a necessity for me in the late 90's to early 2000's:

$xvjvzipdrive.l.jpg

The good old zip drive. You will be missed. RIP.

I'm in.

The item would be my old TI yellow speak-and-read. My brother had the red spelling one. It was a great tool and really helped to fuel my love of reading. I remember selling it at a garage sale. We found the book for it a year or 2 later after a move.

$game_ti_speak__read.jpg

Top Bottom