What's new

Thank you all.

Hello,

I just wanted to thank the members of this thread for sharing so much information.

A few weeks ago, I read a Yahoo story about different shaving methods. Not something I would remotely be interested but I have had it with disposable razors. They constantly clog and my wife always steals them.

Anyways, I didn't even know double edge razors were still made anymore. I soon found this forum, and wow I never knew there was so much information to digest.

After reading many stickies and threads here, I purchased a new DE razor. I would have preferred to buy something vintage but it looks like nice old razors are more expensive than a quality new one, at least on Ebay.

I still have a lot to learn, and certainly struggle with the blade angle. I did not learn to shave yesterday but I certainly grew up after the heyday of DE razors and I was not taught to shave that way.

That being said, and even with my poor technique, I no longer have to deal with a clogged razor or expensive disposable razors. I still draw blood but my face is smoother than ever. I have no missed spots that a terrible disposable razor will not cut. Shaving actually is kind of fun; before it was something I dreaded and only did because my employment required it.

Once again, thank you all.

Welcome to B&B. It's funny. One of my major motivations to switch to a DE safety razor was to stop my wife and kids from using my razors. It worked, they a really terrified of the safety razors. Sooner or later they will catch on. When they do I'll by them one of their own.

Welcome, glad you're here.
Sounds like you have the right attitude and some good gear to get started.
That and patience is all that's required from you, all the necessary knowledge and help is available right here on B&B.
Enjoy!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B! Your new DE may not clog, but your wife may still steal it. :001_smile

From one noob to another, welcome! I totally agree with you about how beginning this has changed your attitude towards shaving. I also have to shave for work, and always hated that dreaded chore. Now, I do it even on my days off and look forward to it!

Welcome aboard!! B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here. Shave away!

Top Bottom