What's new

Thank you all.

Thank you all so much for the very warm welcome!

Now if only I could stop pressing down on the razor...

I had the same problem. The secret for me was in the grip. Take a look in the wiki. Thumb and 2 fingers either at the end or the balance point and you'll be golden. I had to stop gripping it like a Mach 3!

I had the same problem. The secret for me was in the grip. Take a look in the wiki. Thumb and 2 fingers either at the end or the balance point and you'll be golden. I had to stop gripping it like a Mach 3!
Interesting...I use a Mach 3 (for the moment...will be evolving...film at 11), and I have just evolved (not thinking about it) to a "balance point" grip. How do you grip a Mach 3?

Welcome aboard... Check out the nib... It's another great place to find something new in something very old...

Excellent choice. I used mine for a very long time.

So what about the software you use? Soap? Aftershave?

An Arko stick and an Omega 10048. I know it's not the best but I am not a rich man. No aftershave.

Ya it is hard to only lightly grasp the handle. My problem is I cannot duplicate the correct blade angle at all times so I return to pivot head razor habits to get the job done. I have 15 years of bad habits to unlearn.

An Arko stick and an Omega 10048. I know it's not the best but I am not a rich man. No aftershave.
Arko is an awesome soap for those who don't mind the scent. It's personally not something I like but the place seems evenly split. Some people even say they like the smell! (teasing, you will learn the Arko haters and the Arko lovers here often tease each other).

Omega is a fantastic brush too! It seems like you have a great setup.

Ya it is hard to only lightly grasp the handle. My problem is I cannot duplicate the correct blade angle at all times so I return to pivot head razor habits to get the job done. I have 15 years of bad habits to unlearn.
We were all there my friend. You can do it too.

Arko is an awesome soap for those who don't mind the scent. It's personally not something I like but the place seems evenly split. Some people even say they like the smell! (teasing, you will learn the Arko haters and the Arko lovers here often tease each other).

Omega is a fantastic brush too! It seems like you have a great setup.

We were all there my friend. You can do it too.

Well if it wasn't for B&B I wouldn't know where to start.

Welcome to B&B!

Starting with the razor at 0 degrees and rotating down has really helped me out.
+1. I had ignored this sage advice for too long. When I tried it out, I realized that my angle was too aggressive.

Last edited:
Today I didn't nick myself or bleed at all. Every day I have less razor burn, probably because I am not trying to shave as smooth as possible. I am also trying my best to limit myself to three passes however I have a couple of stubborn spots that resist the razor.

Today I didn't nick myself or bleed at all. Every day I have less razor burn, probably because I am not trying to shave as smooth as possible. I am also trying my best to limit myself to three passes however I have a couple of stubborn spots that resist the razor.
Your skin is adjusting to the sharp blade and overall new shave process.[emoji6]

Top Bottom