What's new

Phoenix, AZ area shave shopping B&M

Stopped at Rubinov's today, it's a great, great store, and the guys are helpful if you need them to be.
Bought some blades, didn't really have time to spend browsing, but I'll be back soon when I have some time to kill!

So..I know this is an old thread BUT...any updates on good places in Phoenix? Other than Rubinovs, which honestly was OK at best. Im not picky I just expected more. To update a previous post, Cigar King in Scottsdale has good stuff! I go to the shop alot for Cigars and to hang with the boys. www.cigarking.com But in the past year theyve really upped their shave game. www.shavingcreams.com They also have their own Creams and products now. Look into Hirsh Luxury.. the razors are mediocre, but the cream is great and cheap! The shop itself is worth the visit. Any other ideas let me know!

Glad this thread got bumped. My youngest son and his family live in Chandler and we go there a few times a year.

Hello fellow Arizonans! :)

Thank you everyone who mentioned Rubinov's. I went there and picked up a few shaving goodies to get me started.

I know that AZ mills has been mentioned before but the cutlery store closed down. But now there is a new store some of ya'll might be interested in. The store is called Xtreme lifestyle and they carry all kinds of sharp and pointy things, to include an array of straight razors. I can't remember the makes of the razors but they range from 20 to 45 dollars. The salesmen said they come factory shave ready but that it is hit or miss. But these razors might be great for anyone considering to get started with a straight edge without braking the bank.

Here is the link to the stores Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=155755537795060&_rdr

I just found out last night that a friend of mine owns one of the V's out in the east valley. He said they do full service straight shaves too. Both head and face. Calling him next week to set me up with an appointment.

There's blade shop in Arrowhead Towne Center. They have all manner of knives etc...They carry novelty straights, a selection of Boker's and every so often they get some Dovo's in. I can't remember the name, but next time I'm there I'll update.

Just discovered Rubinov's yesterday and it's as excellent as everyone says. I found a wide selection of Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams. I've ordered a number of these on Amazon, but when they arrive they're very soupy. I believe the heat of sitting in an Arizona warehouse tends to ruin them. Rubinov's had almost all their scents in tubs, all in perfect condition. It's about a 40 minute drive for me from Chandler so I bought about 9 months worth.

started wet shaving about 8 months ago and this site has been invaluable. i have been looking all over the place for shaving supplies in Phoenix but the best i have been able to come up with is Rubinovs for any level of onsite selection. I hear that razor emporium isn't bad but they are further north than rubinovs. after that, alot of the local fry's and Walmarts have starts carrying the luxury VDH pucks and the WINCO in mesa that just opened had alot of Williams pucks. $.89 per puck.

have to check out cigar king, thanks coachluke.

I got some good stuff from Rubinovs. They carry Proraso, Col. Conks and they are my next stop for some TOBS... I did spot a Dovo in the back display case, few brushes and a whole wall of aftershave (dang near a whole wall)

Hey Arizona we have a place on the brotherhood page if interested. Going to try to keep an updated list of Arizona shops. It's called ***
Arizona Shave Syndicate, only because I am the only one so far:thumbup: am open to renaming. So join if ya want

Hey Arizona we have a place on the brotherhood page if interested. Going to try to keep an updated list of Arizona shops. It's called ***
Arizona Shave Syndicate, only because I am the only one so far:thumbup: am open to renaming. So join if ya want

I vote for a rename that's only slightly more PC. We should go with the Arizona Retro Shaving Enthusiasts (ARSE).

Top Bottom