What's new

Phoenix, AZ area shave shopping B&M

Greetings everyone! I have been lurking on your fine website for about a month, catching the DE safety razor bug. I bought my first Merkur today and in a few hours will be attempting my first DE razor shave.

Anyhow I have been looking locally and thought that I should share my findings with you discerning gentlemen (and women).

The tinderbox - no longer stock shaving supplies
The shop in AZ mills closed a little while back
My resourceful wife found these:

The Knife Shop - Fiesta mall - 480-835-7773 Has a Merkur in stock. An 11c I believe, but I'm a noob, so don't take my word for it. Selling for $40 - they had one as of 4:30 pm yesterday. They also sell Merkur blades but are a little pricey ($7 for a pack). They can get stuff from Colonel conk.

Lionetti Hair clippers service - 16 st & Mcdowell - 602-253-8023. This is where I bought my Merkur this morning. I believe it's a 33c - for $27. That was the only one in stock but he can get more. Dorco, Personna, and Wilkinson sword blades. The 2 Dorco's 300-301 and Personna's are a buck for a pack. I bought one of each set of Dorco since I read they are the most forgiving for beginners.

She also called V's (the one in chandler/ocotillo). They didn't have any razors, but I dont know about other supplies

Happy Shaving
(Wish me luck)

Good Luck and Welcome to B & B. Be sure to check out the vendor corner forum. I have dealt with a few of the on-line vendors and they are great, BullGoose in particular. He is in Cali, which results in pretty quick shipping.

I haven't used the B/S/T yet, but I am tempted daily.

Lionettis has the full line of Pinaud, Lucky Tiger and Masters after shaves. They also have Osage Rub, strops and shave brushes. Worth checking out.

You can get Godrej shaving creams at the big Asian market at 43rd Ave and Union Hills/NW corner. I picked up the lime and menthol for $1.49 each.

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I headed there today and picked up a couple of tubes.

I noticed on the forums that people have had some luck finding shaving supplies in tobacco shops. Anybody have any luck with that?

Hey Guys,
any shops in Phoenix or Tucson carrying Proraso shaving creams and or after shave balm?

Many Thanks
David

most bath and body works stores carry c.o. bigelow cream, which the exact same cream as proraso under a different name. i don't know about aftershave balm.

Thanks, I will check this out. I called a bunch of shops in AZ and could not find a one carrying it.
David

The Bath and Body Works at the Anthem Outlets had Bigelow cream in stock.

I referred to this post on a recent trip to Scottsdale; thanks! B&B is one great place.

I go to V's off of Ray and 10 and they carry Kent hair brushes but I asked my barber if they can order from the entire Kent line and they said yes but every shop is independently owned so you'd have to work something out with the owners.

I haven't but I've been tempted.

Sprouts markets carry Kiss My Face shave cream (all scents except Patchouli) Alba and Avalon products. There was also some Dr. Bronner's on the shelf.

You have to look around a bit---it was on the bottom shelf in the soaps area.

Bath and Body carries C.O. Bigelow cream---it was buy 2 get one recently in both the small and large tubes.

Its amazing how hard it is to find stuff in a city this size.

RUBINOVS BARBER SUPPLIES
Address: 8530 N 7TH ST, PHOENIX, AZ 85020-3109

Carries the entire Pinaud line, Master's, Jeri's tonics and talcs. Col. Conk soap, Merkur razors, various blades including Derby 5 packs for .75. I also saw a few straights and that is just the tip of ye olde iceberg. There is also a barber shop next door. All in all a cool old school type shop with great service.

I want to second Rubinovs.Good old school shop with good service,many different razors at all price points from cheap to extravagant,and many different soaps.They also had 4 or 5 varieties of Derby shave creams,and blades from Gillette,Wilkinson,Persona,Merkur,etc.I was able to get a razor,blades,and shave cream for about $20.Nice.
Jimmy

Rubinov's is a great place to shop for your DE or Straight razor products. They have a decent selection of brushes. I bought 100 Wilkinson Classic blades from them for $25. Can't beat it. Also carry Merkur blades 10 pk, Schick, and others.

I also go to Penworks (AKA The Golden Nib is the wholesale side of penworks) in Cave Creek, AZ. Tony is very helpful there. Carry Parker razors, Sharp,Shark blades and a bunch of different creams.
http://www.penworks.us//

http://www.thegoldennib.com/

If you have another other questions let me know, I have been searching for more shops that sell blades, razors, etc. I have seen CVS sells 10 pks of there own double edge blades.

Sprouts markets carry Kiss My Face shave cream (all scents except Patchouli) Alba and Avalon products. .

I found some KMF moisture shave deeply discounted at the Hi-Health vitamin store in Ocotillo. At Chandler Mall Crabtree & Evelyn and Bath and Body works both carry shaving stuff.

I went to RUBINOVS yesterday and they had everything I needed. Owner was a real nice guy too...even threw in a Styptic pencil since I dropped like 80 bucks to get all my supplies. He asked how I found the place and before I could answer he said "Badger and Blade?"....lol

Support local businesses!

I went to RUBINOVS yesterday and they had everything I needed. Owner was a real nice guy too...even threw in a Styptic pencil since I dropped like 80 bucks to get all my supplies. He asked how I found the place and before I could answer he said "Badger and Blade?"....lol

Support local businesses!

That is awesome. Yah he is a great guy. It is a great location right in central PHX.

I would love to know more about any small shops in PHX. Has anyone ever found any nice Gillette DE razors and antique stores around Phoenix?

That is awesome. Yah he is a great guy. It is a great location right in central PHX.

I would love to know more about any small shops in PHX. Has anyone ever found any nice Gillette DE razors and antique stores around Phoenix?

I've been scouring the Antique stores in Central Phoenix...nada. They keep telling me they can't keep them in the shops!

I was in Antiques on Central about three weeks ago and was chatting with an older fellow who had a booth there and he tells me I just missed out. "I had a box of about twenty or so razors in here yesterday, but I took them home and I'm closing up my section".

AWWWWW MAAAANNNN! You're killing me!

I'm gonna have to check out Rubinov's...just a couple of mile from my work.

Top Bottom