What's new

Suggestions.advice.

Just got my preowned BEAST in the mail today. Cleaned and sanitized and then did a head and face shave. This being my 4th DE head shave i would say it went well. Today was a day of firsts. I began with the R41 and Astra Platinum blade. I had almost a weeks worth of hair on my head which is akin to how a nailbrush feels in density. I have thick hair. I was going to buzz it off first with the Wahl, but decided to see what the BEAST could do....and boy did it!! My technique still sucks and I think i rushed a bit, so of course i nicked myself 3 times. That's still less than I did with my Merkur 180 and same blade. Let me tell you where it really started to suck. Today was also my first day with an Alum block. HOLY %$#&!!! I felt like someone doused my head in kerosene and lit it on fire. The final first of the day was the nice refreshing splash of Fine Snakebite after shave. All in all a good day. I will say this, my face likes the beast a hell of a lot more than my head at this point. Not one issue with the face. In fact I only had to do a WTG and XTG pass on my cheeks and a WTG and ATG pass on my neck....OUTSTANDING.

any thoughts or suggestions gents?View attachment 494405

Anthony

Not a head shaver and never used an R41 but congrats on the good shave. Your technique for shaving your head will improve with practice.

It is definitely difficult. I never had such issues with the cartridge razor, but then again there is no real learning curve with those. I will have to learn how to do it properly. I threw away any cart razors in the house and all aerosol shave creams and gels....except for my fiancee. Although, I think i will be getting her a lady DE starter kit for Christmas.

Just play around with the angle. A few people here live by steep angles with beasty. I personally like the shallow angles. A bit touchy but nice.

3 nicks for the 1st time with the beast, not bad! Go slow and use no pressure. Short, quick, smooth strokes work the best for me. I use the R41 6-7 times week and get an occasional weeper.

Top Bottom