What's new

RRDLCPSSSS, AKA "The Paperweight" anticipation thread.

OK, there has been a lot of discussion about the RazoRock Diamond-Like Coating Prototype Stainless Steel Stealth Slant in the ItalianBarber vendor thread, but I thought since the razors have shipped, and today is the day when many brothers (sadly, probably not me) will be getting them, I could try to start an "official" anticipation thread. The idea being this will be the place everyone can post pictures, un-boxing, thoughts, mini-reviews, hopes, dreams, nightmares and anti-government manifestos.

This is not the place to complain about ItalianBarber's prices, policies, release schedule, shipping methods, or Joe's recent haircut. (Guys, he already knows about it, OK? Just try to ignore it, and be sure to look him in the eyes when you're talking to him. Don't worry, it'll grow back!) <--(Author's Note: This attempt at humor may hit very close to home, or it may be hilariously inaccurate, as I have never seen Joseph in person.)

Also, I'm really hoping the nickname "The Paperweight" catches on for the razor. It isn't taken, and if that isn't what Joe wanted it to be called, he shouldn't have put it in the product description. :lol:

From the product description: (just in case Joe tries to remove it as a result of this thread) :lol:

"This is our first time producing this razor design in stainless steel. We are not sure if the design will work in stainless steel. The performance of the razor might be horrible, at best. There is a high probability that you are purchasing an expensive DLC coated, stainless steel paper weight."

NOTE TO MODS: Would one of you be so kind as to close the parentheses in the title of this thread, or else I'm going to go insane by the end of the day. Feel free to delete this comment as well. Thank you!

First and foremost - "RRDLCPSSSS" is one hell of an acronym so I will stick with "Paperweight" for the time being.

I have one coming in as well - probably not till the end of this week or start of next. I also have the first aluminum prototype and will be glad to provide my comments.

I have not seen this till you mentioned it and I looked it up. What crazy nonsense. That is not how one develops a product properly...

I'm going with Razorock 4S (Stainless Steel Stealth Slant) just to confuse Apple lovers everywhere.

Checked the shipping and no updates other than electronic notification. I'm hoping it's one of the ones where it only updates when it hits the local area.

I have not seen this till you mentioned it and I looked it up. What crazy nonsense. That is not how one develops a product properly...

This is not the place to complain about ItalianBarber's prices, policies, release schedule, shipping methods
Please play by the rules. Thank you.

I have one coming to. Should be a bit longer as it is shipping across the big water. But i'll enjoy all the unboxings.

Mine is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Can't wait to shave with it cause right now I'm looking pretty bad!

I'll be following this thread, for sure. I'll most likely wait for the production anodized aluminum models (as I haven't been lucky yet with the DLCs popping up on the store) but I'm very curious to ready comments on the finish & weight of this prototype.

I was able to snag one Sunday morning, it should be here tomorrow or Friday. The postal tracking doesn't to want to update the status though.

NOTE TO MODS: Would one of you be so kind as to close the parentheses in the title of this thread, or else I'm going to go insane by the end of the day. Feel free to delete this comment as well. Thank you!

Chamm.....so I'm not the only OCD shaver here? :wink2:

Mine should be in tomorrow. Got hung up for some reason. Maybe my package realized I went to college in Rochester and stopped by for a couple pitchers at MacGregors.

Mine should be in tomorrow. Got hung up for some reason. Maybe my package realized I went to college in Rochester and stopped by for a couple pitchers at MacGregors.
Ha! Mine went to Rochester also even though I live about 15 minutes from where it shipped, and it passed my house to do so.

Top Bottom