What's new

Sturdy Umbrella

So my title seems like an oxymoron, because every umbrella I've ever owned has been a flimsy piece of junk. Especially those collapsible ones. Does anyone have any experience with a solid umbrella? I'm looking for something that wouldn't look out of place bringing into a professional setting.

These may look dorky, but they do work: http://www.senzumbrellas.com/

They are storm proof, and you can even use them on your bicycle.

Developed and tested in the windy (and rainy) Netherlands.

proxy.php

Wowsa, $400 for an umbrella would kill me. Certainly my wife would. I'm thinking less than $100, but around there would be good. I'll take a look at Brooks Brothers, but that other umbrella Eeyore...I don't know...I'm already pretty dorky.

Wowsa, $400 for an umbrella would kill me. Certainly my wife would. I'm thinking less than $100, but around there would be good. I'll take a look at Brooks Brothers, but that other umbrella Eeyore...I don't know...I'm already pretty dorky.

I can tell you that it does work. And knowing that I even spotted them in London City, I think they are acceptable everywhere :tongue_sm

I do agree that they maybe are more of a techie thing; the company was also started by two Delft University students.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well shucks. I don't own an umbrella. Haven't used one in....18 years? since I was a kid waiting on the school bus.

Top Bottom