What's new

New Forum Member!

I found this site yesterday, I wish I had found it a year ago. Even though I am 43 years old, I have only used two razors in my life, the Gillette sensor and for the last seven years I have been using the Gillette fusion. Late last year I decided I wanted to use a razor like I remember my grandfather using. After a little research I decided on the Merkur 38C. On January 1st this year I made my purchase along with some Derby blades. I have not looked back ever since.

After using the razor a few weeks I decided that I also wanted to try a real aftershave like my grandfather wore. He wore old spice but I wanted one that I could call my own. After a little more research I came across a forum where a poster (as well as many others) highly recommended Clubman After Shave Lotion. I picked up a bottle at the walgreens down the street from my house. This stuff is awesome!! I have used it almost everyday since I purchased it. I just purchased some more off their website yesterday (I have since moved this year and don't have any retailer close to me).

My grandfather passed away in 1992. I was still really young and did not think like I do today. If I could go back in time I would make sure that I kept his razor and use it as my own. I am sure my mom and uncle more than likely threw it out. I remember it like yesterday even though I could not have been no older than 6 or 7 years old, how he would mix the shaving cream in a cup. I tried to replicate this but failed. It always came out really thin. After seeing many of the pictures on this forum I need to rethink this. I obviously am doing something wrong.

Since I have started on my adventure I went from only shaving when I had to, too shaving every single day. This is my story and this is what brought me here. I am really looking forward to reading your posts and learning what right looks like from the veterans on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard, James. Here you will find the advice you need to mix up wonderful lather like your grandpa once used to. You will also find some outstanding people! Enjoy!

Can't go wrong with the clubman!

Hello and welcome to B&B, James. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome! Nice story James. Heirlooms are great, too bad it's gone. Now you have your own, the 38c. Happy shaving!

Welcome, James!

You will learn to make good lather in no time. Creams are softer and easier to whip up. Soaps are slower but usually slicker. There are forums for both here, so look around and see what you think would be best for you.

And keep that 38c in good shape. Some day a little James is going to thank you for his 'heirloom' from his dad/grandad!

Welcome to B&B

yea.... Clubman ROCKS!!!!

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Tomorrow is my grandfather's birthday. He was born in 1898 and passed away in 1960.

Tomorrow I will shave with the last razor my grandfather owned before he died and think of him.

proxy.php

Top Bottom