What's new

Proraso dethroned! The new king of creams is Nivea! Wow, this stuff is slick!

At place where I study, water is so very hard... So even Proraso is hard to make foam with. I experience baptism, see the sun after 40 years of rain, see a unicorn when I go home and shave there... Water is not hard at all there

Nivea Sensitive is impossible to find locally here in Orlando. The only stuff I found was Pacific Shave Co.'s caffeine cream. I'm not willing to risk trying that.

Brush shave creams are effectively dead for mass-market, esp. with Tom's of Maine gone.

Where do you guys get the Nivea? I have seen it nowhere in the Orlando area, and I've kept an eye open for it for months.

I end up going with Kiss My Face, it's a lot easier to get and performs well.

Rite Aid. If you can't find it you could PayPal the money for the cream plus first class shipping and I'll pick it up for you. I think it's around $4-$5 here.

Where do you guys get the Nivea? I have seen it nowhere in the Orlando area, and I've kept an eye open for it for months.

I end up going with Kiss My Face, it's a lot easier to get and performs well.

1. This stuff is disappearing quickly off the local shelves for me. Rite Aid where I am (SE U.S.A.) recently removed it and replaced it with the caffeinated shaving cream from Pacific Shaving (which is NOT as good for me). What's up with that? :sneaky2: Any others reporting this disappearance of Nivea shaving cream in a tube?
There is only one store that carries it around here and that is Wegmans Supermarkets. They are a Rochester, NY based chain that has been expanding into the Mid-Atlantic states in the last few years. The farthest they have reached is Fredericksburg, VA. Consumer Reports rated Wegmans as the best supermarket to shop in in America, and they have made the list of Top-10 employers for most of the last 20 years.

Wegmans introduced the Nivea Sensitive cream about a year ago at $2.99, now it is up to $3.19 per tube.

Everytime I go there, I browse the shaving aisle. They always seem to have a fresh stock of Nivea Sensitive cream so it seems to be selling rather well. I don't know how many other wet-shavers there are in my area, but obviously, somebody besides me is buying it.

I held off on getting some for about 6 months after it was introduced. I've gotten maybe about 10 shaves from it so far. Not even enough that I have to break out the tube key to squeeze it down.

I like it (and the matching ASB) when I'm testing a new blade or razor, since these products are fairly low-key and are not going to get in the way of what I'm testing. I usually apply it brushless, and it does a fantastic job of providing glide, slickness and cushion.

Last edited:
There is only one store that carries it around here and that is Wegmans Supermarkets. They are a Rochester, NY based chain that has been expanding into the Mid-Atlantic states in the last few years. The farthest they have reached is Fredericksburg, VA. Consumer Reports rated Wegmans as the best supermarket to shop in in America, and they have made the list of Top-10 employers for most of the last 20 years.

Wegmans introduced the Nivea Sensitive cream about a year ago at $2.99, now it is up to $3.19 per tube.

Everytime I go there, I browse the shaving aisle. They always seem to have a fresh stock of Nivea Sensitive cream so it seems to be selling rather well. I don't know how many other wet-shavers there are in my area, but obviously, somebody besides me is buying it.

I held off on getting some for about 6 months after it was introduced. I've gotten maybe about 10 shaves from it so far. Not even enough that I have to break out the tube key to squeeze it down.

I like it (and the matching ASB) when I'm testing a new blade or razor, since these products are fairly low-key and are not going to get in the way of what I'm testing. I usually apply it brushless, and it does a fantastic job of providing glide, slickness and cushion.

We have an office in Pittsford, NY right outside of Rochester... whenever I go for work I always buy a couple tubes. As I can't find it where I live

I love this stuff but use the regular cream, not the sensitive. Does exactly what it should with no fuss and no pretense of being made in some artisan factory with a funny name or any other marketing junk. Top cream

Tried out regular cream and, indeed, is great. Easy to lather, slick, does not need too much water, it's very good performer. Used it with boar and horse (50/50 ratio) brushes, lathered great with both, no problems whatsoever. My only "problem" is that i don't like the scent too much. It's ok, just that i was expecting something else. I love their usual scents, their blue cream, their deodorants, AS balm, they usually go for soapy, clean smells. With the cream, they added some floral fragrances around, and i'm not such a big fan of those. Not bad smell, but not great either.

Around here (Romania), we find it in almost any shop. It's very popular, along Palmolive cream, it costs around $1,50 for an 100ml tube.

Found out that almost any popular cream lathers very well and performs great. I guess they are popular for a reason... :001_smile

Picked this up (Sensitive Skin) after spotting it on a shelf at my local walmart.. Remembered seeing it in this thread.

Used it yesterday for the first time. This stuff works great!

I am in virginia, and I checked out a lot of drugstores and grocery stores, but did not find the creams.
I found shaving gels, balms, etc, etc.

So I ordered one off amazon (though, it is add-on item, you have to have $25 worth of add-on item for it to ship)

I had two shaves with them, and I liked them very much.
Scent is very very nice, and it is somewhat similar to white proraso sensitive shaving soap/cream in a tub.

It provided very slick cushion for shaving, so if you can find it for around $4~5 bucks, it's a go!
I think it compares well to the quality of highly-rated cella soaps.

Now I am gonna rotate between these two soaps.

I accidentally got some Nivea Sensitive from an Amazon order this week. I tried it... my first impression is that it's just adequate. While it leaves my face feeling nice, it doesn't lather that great- not as good as Kiss My Face, which is close to the same price. It took about twice as much cream as what I'd normally use.

My skin is somewhat sensitive so this may see more use. So while it has a mediocre lather, the pluses are that it is cheap and it will leave your face feeling hydrated and toned. I believe this would work best with a fast cartridge razor shave. I used a Trac II this morning and it worked fine, no razor burn and I got a SAS in one pass.

Last edited:
Meh, there are no Rite-Aids in South Florida, or any of these small chains that carry Nivea. I can find the balm no problem, but no dice locating the shave cream. Sure, I could buy it online, but I don't know if a budget shaving cream is really worth the effort. The whole draw of this product is being able to buy it locally. Oh well.

Last edited:
Funny the difference in neighbors eh? Creams sell equally as well up here, but down there it seems like cans all the way? Even our after shaves vary between countries, the Green Aqua Velva here and all the Barbasol's there.

Top Bottom