What's new

WHAT is your round trip commute from home to work?

Hi gents: Hope all is well with you & your families. Just saw this story on a Richmond, Virginia man who has a 220 mile commute from his home in Richmond to Washington, DC. Wow!

https://screen.yahoo.com/videos-for-you/virginia-man-commutes-220-miles-035058533.html?vp=1

So how long is your work commute? I'll start. My round trip commute in mileage would be approximately 15 miles. Glad it isn't 220 miles. :laugh: So... how 'bout you? How long is your round trip commute to work?

WARHAWK

14 miles round trip. That's down from about 50 miles round trip in my previous job.

My question is, for that guy who commutes 220 miles, why move? Between gas cost and time spent in the car, you come out way ahead.

My wife's uncle commutes from Detroit area to NYC. His company flies him out on Monday, puts him in a hotel for the week and flies him back on Thursday. He does that about half of every month.

Twelve minutes to, at 7am, slightly longer on the way home with a fifteen minute diversion to my Dad's place to make sure he ate all his veggies (I wish I was kidding about that...).
The wifely unit once drove an hour and a half each way to her job. She wished up and now spends twenty minutes each way to and from her work. She pulls in the big bucks, but that doesn't make her smarter...she married me, after all.

30 minutes by bike, or 40 minutes taking the scenic route, round trip. Add another five minutes if I pick up something for dinner on the way home.

About 80 miles round trip. Takes about 45 minutes in the morning and a little over an hour back home. I car pool with another person or sometimes 2, which helps tons.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
3.4 miles roundtrip to job #1 - 5 minutes or less if I hit all the lights.

5 miles roundtrip to job #2 - 8-10 minutes in good traffic - 20 minutes in not so good traffic.
Yeah 20 minutes to go 2.5 miles. Traffic is horrendous going that way at certain times.

Job #1 is on the same road that I live off off. Even in rush hour its not bad.

Highly depends on the projects I am working on. Usually it's around 45 minutes each way by motorbike. Within the Netherlands, nothing would be more than 2 hours riding from me, unless I am stuck in peak hour traffic jams. Filtering is allowed here, but only at a low speed.

Top Bottom