What's new

WHAT is your round trip commute from home to work?

I'm about 35 miles each way which equates to about 60 to 70 minutes in the car each day. Fortunately I only have to be in the office three days a week, the other two days I can work remotely from home.

54 miles round trip by the most direct route. 60 miles round trip by my preferred route. I run against traffic so at least the time is pretty consistent.

My previous job involved a 20 mile one way commute during rush hour. It was awful. It would take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. You just never knew.

My current commute is about 20 miles round trip. I've never had one longer than 30 miles in my career and I'm pretty grateful for that.

Currently about 3 miles round trip. Absolutely worth a ton, salary wise. Between commutes and other driving I only put about 2,000 miles a year on my vehicle.

How long does it take to walk 75 steps?

Now, the commute is from one end of the house to the other.

It wasn't always this easy.

There were the days when it was 1-2 hours each way from home to NYC.

I've commuted by car, bus, train, ferry and on foot. Sadly, a commute by bicycle was never in the cards.

The problem with working from home is that it's now 10:02pm and I'm taking a break from work to type this. I did sneak in a 25-mile bike ride before dinner, so I don't feel too badly about burning a little pre-midnight oil.

Break's over. Get back to work. Fat chance. The work will still be there in the morning. Time for my night time commute.

I have a 42 km round trip to do, which would equate to 40 min a day.

However I do not drive and it takes me between 2:30 to max 3 hours a day with the public transportation. That's when nothing is down, which happens quite often in Belgium. I once got stucked in a train for 40 min because somebody jumped in front of it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
8 miles each way, and it may take up to 30 minutes depending what timer I leave and traffic - most of the way is stop and go. But much better than most of my colleagues coming from PA....

I'm about 85 miles round trip, with 3 miles on foot and the rest on a train. Eats up about 3 hours a day (assuming I get the express trains).

2 miles. In the morning it takes me 5 minutes, after pt it takes me 20. If its Motor stable Mondays, 45 minutes to an hour to get to work.

My brigade is only 3 blocks away. If we got to meet there, I just walk and enjoy myself.

Top Bottom