What's new

Wet Shave Club - anyone have experience with them?

The price has gone up from $20/month to $29/month in less than a 6 month period. Thats almost a 50% increase. I asked them about this on the Facebook page and they deleted my post. LOL

The first box is pretty much the only one that seemed worth it. Now it's kind of expensive. And from my observation... Most of the soaps and colognes they give are tiny portions.

I know it's been a while since someone last posted on this thread but I wanted to share my experience with Wet Shave Club. The enticing part of it for me was that I had always been a cart user in the past. I'm the type of person that when I buy something, I don't necessarily need/want the best but I want it to be of very high "value". I figured that I didn't want to spend that much time researching what DE would be best for me or what blades I would like the best so WSC could do this for me especially seeing that I wasn't sure if wet shaving would be right for me. Now I totally understand that I was putting a lot of faith in WSC to give me what I wanted but again, the time aspect comes into play. It was quick, easy, painless.

I will tell you that I cancelled my subscription after only two months mainly because I was hooked on the who wet shaving process and knew that I wanted to get a more customized set of tools if I was going to be doing this daily. The razor that they supplied in the initial box I didn't like and neither were a lot of the blades. Based on my barber's recommendation, I bought a Merkur 34C and Personna blades, which I both absolutely love!

I don't regret trying WSC for those two months, however. It got me hooked on something that I know I will do daily and actually enjoy a lot more that my previous daily shave efforts...and I also now have the knowledge to pass this on to my 4 1/2 year old when he starts shaving...which seems like a long way away but those of you with kids know that time goes into warp speed once you have them.

Hope this helps.

Luxury Barber is a little different since we do grooming in general, including things like shampoos, conditioners, pomades, as well as preshaves, aftershaves, creams, soaps, blades, etc.

Wet shave now has a separate store where you can order their after shaves and stuff separately. Apparently their 'blacksmith' and 'lumberjack' aftershaves are suppose to be on point.

Top Bottom