What's new

Edwin jagger Chatsworth razor

The EJ metal handle (Chatsworth) razor is aesthetically pleasing, but does it shave just like the long handle merkur HD (38C)? Any feedback appreciated.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/CSR||@cTraditional%20safety%20&%20double%20edge%20razors@bEdwin%20Jagger|0|user||13|

I have a gold Chatsworth I recieved for Christmas. It is a heavy but very balanced razor. I find that it does shave much like my Merkur HD but of course with more weight and longer. I have a pretty good representation of some classic Gillettes in my little collection, several of which were either NOS or minty when I got them. Having said that, I personally feel that the all metel Chatsworth is one of the most beautiful DE razors made. I find myself drawn to using it more than any other razor that I own.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'll tell you in a week or so when mine arrives.

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the 38C as well John.... My Merkur 38C is such a GREAT shaver and a workhorse for me, I would HATE to hear the Chatsworth was better.:tongue: Having just purchased a Gillette British HD Rocket and a Merkur SLANT, I really don't need another "tool."

And the postal scale said:

38C - 3.9 oz
Chatsworth - 3.7 oz
Fatboy - 2.8 oz

I didn't care that much for the 38C so my son is using it and likes it very much. The Chatsworth (I have one in foux ivory that has formed my opinion) is perhaps my favorite razor. In fact I've sold most my other DEs, keeping only a #16, a President, a HD Rocket, and a slant. I came close to listing the Rocket, but just couldn't do it.

Hi;

I have a Merkur 38C and an EJ with a metal handle that apparently is not made anymore, but is close to the Chatsworth. They are close in weight, as noted above, but I think the Merkur is slightly more agressive. The EJ is one of my favorite razors.

BobS

The Chatsworth uses a Merkur Classic head, as do all the EJ DE razors. So they are all in the same family. It has been too long since I used the 38C to compare and contrast with the Chatsworth.

yea, but i´ve seen several people here mention that EJ takes the heads, polishes them, recoats them and then mounts them, basicly refining the finish on the razor,

Top Bottom