What's new

Upcoming Brand/Manufacturer Razor Customer Satisfaction Surveys

I think the simplest thing would be a 1-10 scoring system of simply "Customer Satisfaction" based on various parameters including quality, longevity, design, comfort, ease of use, value etc. 1 being unusable, ugly, and it broke in half, and 10 being smooth, shiny, and bulletproof.

As we can only put one topic into each B&B poll, that would necessitate 6 polls for each of the 23 brands ... too many I think within the context of a forum....

Also, B&B already has a section with broken out ratings for razors in the Reviews section:
http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=44

Asking a single question per brand is probably more likely to yield the most voting members ... Hopefully giving us larger sample sizes and one compact metric that can be easily included in the Buyers Guide chart.

I would of course also encourage voters to elaborate on their ranking of each brand within the comments below each poll.

Thoughts?

Shawn,

A couple of points:

First and most important I think you need to ask a different question.
If this is a satisfaction survey then don't ask if the user would recommend the brand or razor to someone else,
ask how happy they've been with the razor and how likely they would repurchase it if lost.

Second I think staying in positive rankings is better for a general audience than using -2 through +2 which could be confusing.

Third you could make the "voting" on a simple 5 point or star system,
and process the results converting to an intuitive 0 to 10 point ranking.

Just my 2 cents,
Curt

The recommend to a friend is I think a very common way to word these types of surveys ... I wonder why they ask that instead of asking how happy they are with purchases from that brand/manufacturer?

As we can only put one topic into each B&B poll, that would necessitate 6 polls for each of the 23 brands ... too many I think within the context of a forum....

Also, B&B already has a section with broken out ratings for razors in the Reviews section:
http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=44

Asking a single question per brand is probably more likely to yield the most voting members ... Hopefully giving us larger sample sizes and one compact metric that can be easily included in the Buyers Guide chart.

I would of course also encourage voters to elaborate on their ranking of each brand within the comments below each poll.

Thoughts?

Sorry that was not what I meant. I was thinking the question would be "On a scale of 1-10 how satisfied are you with razor X". 1 poll per razor but everyone would give 1 score based on overall customer satisfaction taking into account various parameters of quality.

I'm just throwing ideas out there I don't necessarily think it's the best way to do it. I do think at least a 1-10 scale is easier for people to score with though.

Any thoughts on asking "How happy are you with your Brand X razors?" vs. "Based on personal experience with Brand X razors, how likely are you to recommend one to a friend?"

I suppose the first is shorter, and inherently encourages votes only from personal experience ... but the recommend to a friend approach is also very frequently used.....

Thoughts?

Currently I'm still favoring the 1 to 10 scale, but I'm worried that an NPS score of "60" will look unfavorable to a brand even though by the standardized NPS score a 60 is considered to be a very good score. I'm suspecting NPS scores are more used for marketing analytics and such rather than a score intended for use by the public to compare brands.....

Thoughts?

Currently I'm still favoring the 1 to 10 scale, but I'm worried that an NPS score of "60" will look unfavorable to a brand even though by the standardized NPS score a 60 is considered to be a very good score. I'm suspecting NPS scores are more used for marketing analytics and such rather than a score intended for use by the public to compare brands.....

Thoughts?

Just because many may not understand how to properly interpret a rating or scoring system does not mean that the method is invalid or that a less favorable method should be used simply because a "good" score on a different scale is 90, for example, and matches up better to preconceived notions. A simple explanation is all that is needed to put a rating system in context.

Just my two cents….

Amazon uses a 1 to 5 star rating system, so does eBay ... works for them and there must be a reason.

I think you guys are overthinking this ... customer satisfaction is not rocket science.

Just mis dos centavos.

Is it satisfaction with the product or the customer service or both?

For example, Brand X makes a good razor. It's well-made and durable, it looks great and shaves well. The owner of Brand X is a dick. He publicly rubbishes competitors, he is rude to customers both existing and potential, and spams forums.

So, if someone's planning to buy a Brand X razor from a reputable third-party vendor I would recommend it, however if they were planning to deal with Brand X direct I wouldn't.

Is it satisfaction with the product or the customer service or both?

For example, Brand X makes a good razor. It's well-made and durable, it looks great and shaves well. The owner of Brand X is a dick. He publicly rubbishes competitors, he is rude to customers both existing and potential, and spams forums.

So, if someone's planning to buy a Brand X razor from a reputable third-party vendor I would recommend it, however if they were planning to deal with Brand X direct I wouldn't.

Good questions. It is intended to be the entire brand experience, product and customer service. Comments of course could be added below the pole to clarify why you gave the brand an specific overall score.

I suspect the Brand X that you possibly implied will likely get a slew of comments below the poll.

Brand X is entirely fictional, any similarity to actual brands, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved etc. :wink2:

Amazon uses a 1 to 5 star rating system, so does eBay ... works for them and there must be a reason.

I think you guys are overthinking this ... customer satisfaction is not rocket science.

Just mis dos centavos.

Me over-think something? Nah :001_rolle

1 to 10 stars has two benefits over 1 to 5:
A. It can be calculated as a percentage and as an NPS score (so we could change our mind later about which to include ... or include both)
B. It makes it a bit different, which I think might help to emphasize that we are talking about a rating for the entire brand

Plus, I don't think it would be any harder to fill out or understand than a 5 star system?

Any thoughts from other over-thinkers? :laugh:

Cheers,
Shawn

I understand, Shawn.

All I'm saying is that you should try and keep it as simple as possible. It's a simple question after all ...

I also think you will get more votes if you keep things simple, otherwise some people will just avoid the polls. I confess I'm one of those persons. I hate when they try to waste my time with complicated questions/polls.

Again, mis dos centavos. I already spent cuatro centavos today, time to stop now. :tongue_sm

I understand, Shawn.

All I'm saying is that you should try and keep it as simple as possible. It's a simple question after all ...

I also think you will get more votes if you keep things simple, otherwise some people will just avoid the polls. I confess I'm one of those persons. I hate when they try to waste my time with complicated questions/polls.

Again, mis dos centavos. I already spent cuatro centavos today, time to stop now. :tongue_sm

A compelling point.

Any other votes on if I should collect the data from a 5 or 10 star system? Perhaps I should make a poll to ask? :wink2:

I think I'm pretty much sold on the simpler question of:
"How happy are you with your Brand X razor(s)?"

Good questions. It is intended to be the entire brand experience, product and customer service. Comments of course could be added below the pole to clarify why you gave the brand an specific overall score.

I suspect the Brand X that you possibly implied will likely get a slew of comments below the poll.

I have never had any bad experience with the owner of Brand X. He designs and makes a quality product at a fair price, and has never been anything but polite to me.

I suspect that some persons are a bit sensitive. But, on the other hand, as an intellectual property litigation lawyer, perhaps I am a bit non-sensitive.

BMWlaw

I have never had any bad experience with the owner of Brand X. He designs and makes a quality product at a fair price, and has never been anything but polite to me.

I suspect that some persons are a bit sensitive. But, on the other hand, as an intellectual property litigation lawyer, perhaps I am a bit non-sensitive.

BMWlaw

Oh ... I didn't mean to create a tangent on this thread ... and I personally have zero experience with that vendor. I was only reflecting on stuff that I've read on this forum before. :oops:

For the record, I have mentioned a fictional brand in the interests of clarifying how someone who had received poor service but a good product would rate the razor.

No one has had any dealings with the owner of Brand X because they do not exist, so it's really not worth defending or attacking them and it will only derail the thread.

Last edited:
Shawn, don't over think it. 5 is good for loose, casual observation. 10 is way better for real statistical information. (hence, Amazon uses a 5 star system and NPS uses 10). Neither is wrong, it just depends on what you want here….

Shawn, don't over think it. 5 is good for loose, casual observation. 10 is way better for real statistical information. (hence, Amazon uses a 5 star system and NPS uses 10). Neither is wrong, it just depends on what you want here….

Sample sizes and survey methods aren't really going to be scientifically valid anyway ... so let's just go with the 5 star system.

I think I'm pretty much sold on the simpler question of:
"How happy are you with your Brand X razor(s)?"

Now I'm thinking on something more brand and service focused ... like:
"From personal experience with Brand X, how happy are you with their razors?"

I don't mean to belabor the question, but as I'm getting ready to post the same poll question for over 20 different brands ... I want it to be the right question....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Shawn

Top Bottom