What's new

superfast 3-days, straight from Solingen!

Wow, just received a new Revisor from Solingen!
Ordered on Thursday last week, received from the postman today!
I was a little hesitant due to a shipment problem on a prior item, likely due to US Customs.
But, no problem on this one! Thx to Gunther!

$6020.jpg

Congratulations, Sarimento1. That is very nice. Would share some of the details of your acquisition? Perhaps your reason for picking that brand? Is it 5/8? Carbon steel? Where could we get one also?

WOW ... 3 days from Germany to the US?

Which carrier? DHL?

Looks like Deutsche Post was the carrier. Came to the house by USPS regular carrier.

Congratulations, Sarimento1. That is very nice. Would share some of the details of your acquisition? Perhaps your reason for picking that brand? Is it 5/8? Carbon steel? Where could we get one also?

I have two other Revisors and each one is superb. Just as sharp as my best Puma's or Fili's.
He has a great selection and pricing is reasonable. This is my first 6/8 blade and it has a nice feel to it.
Yes, all their Revisors are carbon steel, most are full hollow ground and round point.
This is their web site with photos of their current stock.

i was going to skip shaving today, but succumbed and gave the new revisor a spin for one lap.
despite instructions to contrary, i gave it a light stropping and it shaved beautifully.
naturally a little beefier than the 5/8's, which will take a bit of getting used to, for me.
but no irritation, weepers or anything, just a nice smooth single pass.

$revisor 3p alpa chypre sep 8 2014.jpg

Crap... I wish I had not have read this thread.

Went to the web site: So many beautiful razors... so many... wallet hurts. huuuuuurts....

Top Bottom