What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

What's up with your mail?! It's been hanging with the same status since what seems like a long time.

Is this typical?

K

Still no news. But I've been on a short break in the mountains in Northern Spain and it may have been already delivered. Sadly I won't be able to check it out until tuesday or even wednesday. Limited acces to internet on top of it.

Typical? This year's Christmas has been a disaster for Postal Service. Not nice.

Thanks, Ken. I'll let you know as soon as I have news.

Where do I sign?

Email Ken, chiefbroom at darkholler dot com and let him know that you want to be added to the B&B brush wanted list, let him know which model and style you are interested in. Please give him time to reply. He will reply to your email and tell you what's left in a current batch and if the first batch is sold out, he'll put you on list for the next batch.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
You have no idea how I envy you your first shave with this brush... :001_smile

It's a true miracle, even in a very nice rotation this one sticks out.

No one on this or any other board will ever hear me say a brush we made is better than somebody else's.

But if we can't make handles and brushes that stand out in some meaningful way, there's hardly any point in doing this.

No one on this or any other board will ever hear me say a brush we made is better than somebody else's.

But if we can't make handles and brushes that stand out in some meaningful way, there's hardly any point in doing this.

Right so.

My father taught me: if you do it, do it well.

Hear, hear!

My new Chief II Butterscotch Marble is finally in my hands!

Kudos to the Spanish Postal Service...:mad3: It showed up on Monday although I've just come back.

It's also fair to say that a brush Rudy Vey sent me before the summer got me in just four days. Who knows?

Such a beautiful brush. Here you have a couple of quick pics, just unwrapped! Excuse the poor quality, not at home and lamentable photographer here...

$20150107_112455.jpg$20150107_112512.jpg

Ken, thank you very much for your interest. And thank you (and Cody) for the brush. As others have reported, the handle is a dream, and that Butterscotch Marble really stands out. The hair looks incredibly soft and definitely denser than the M&F Chief's. Can't wait to use it.

EDIT: Of course, thanks to Lee for another of their great knots!

Last edited:
Hear, hear!

My new Chief II Butterscotch Marble is finally in my hands!

Kudos to the Spanish Postal Service...:mad3: It showed up on Monday although I've just come back.

It's also fair to say that a brush Rudy Vey sent me before the summer got me in just four days. Who knows?...
Congratulations! :thumbup1:

Needless to say we are all eagerly waiting for your impressions of the brush after your first shave. Pics before show a marked difference to the M&F Chief of the Group Buy.

Congratulations! :thumbup1:

Needless to say we are all eagerly waiting for your impressions of the brush after your first shave. Pics before show a marked difference to the M&F Chief of the Group Buy.

Thank you!

Yes. Can't wait to try it. This evening I'll try some palm lathering to put it "in order", but as you remark, apart from the handle itself, the knot shows actual differences to the M&F Chief... and I think it makes this one even more delightful...

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
For those of you guys that have been getting hooked up with some of these awesome brushes, how much do I need to save up if I want to get on the list?

Top Bottom