What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

To paraphrase H. Simpson: Can't talk, staring!

Ken, those are very,very nice. Even compared to the original Chief!!

Great work indeed, please let me know when they are available I would be in for either or both of these

$C4-090714-BampB_zps5962755a.jpg$S4-090714_zps25fd27f6.jpg

Really gets the anticipation brewing for these beauties. The rod stock you have sourced is really something special, great looking mixes in all the pictures.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thanks for your honest feedback. I didn't mean to come across as attacking your process/product as I truly think your handles look spectacular!

Didn't cross my mind to take it that way. It was a completely good and fair question to ask.

Can't wait to see some of Lee's hair stuffed into these. Great work so far Ken, I'm excited to see where this goes!

Lee's waiting. We have rod coming in, we're still refining some processes, and there are a couple of legal/administrative hurdles to clear.

We're a little behind the schedule I'd hoped to keep, but I think we should be in shape to get a bunch of handles into Lee's hands before the end of October and back to offer for sale here in November or early December, if not sooner. In any case, my guess is we'll manage to get a few in circulation before then. Beyond friends and family, the first batch will be offered exclusively to B&B members.

And such fine photos.

Still working on that skill too.

You have a Logo in the works, Ken?

We're thinking about something like this:

proxy.php

Do you anticipate selling blank handles (for those who wish to supply their own knots) or finished brushes only?

I'm completely open to doing that, but we'd want to be sure labeling makes a clear distinction between brushes with knots that we provide and handles that have been sold separately.

Awesome update and a wise choice on making a distinction between Brushes and Handles Only....

Logo/Branding looks great and just like everyone else, I can't wait to see what's next!

Your photos have come a long way, but I do miss seeing you in the brush reflection with your arm up in the air :w00t:

I would recommend leaving the handles without a logo or with a different placement (base instead of on handle for instance) if sold without a knot. I know I would enjoy the handle just as much without a logo and I would know where it came from and that's all that matters. Paypal ready when you are... :thumbup1:

Thanks again, y'all.

I'm thinking maybe we'll host some kind of KC-area debut.

With BBQ, of course.

We're still getting things lined out, but progress continues. Below is a pair of triplets, three "PK-47s" (don't ask) and three Chiefs.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful handles, Ken. Blessings to you and your son on your new business endeavor.

-Joe

I've been following this for a little while, and I'm getting more and more excited about these. This stuff looks fantastic! My old man had a mishap with his only badger brush - while I really want one of these myself, I would be ecstatic if I could get one of these as a Christmas present for the old man!

Your products keep getting better and better! The workmanship is grand but you are also utilizing some wonderful material.

Top Bottom