What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

Group buy? I'm in! Ken, the handles are looking great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm in too! I have yet to contact the famous Lee to try out his brushes but these handles are beautiful. I would love to have the opportunity to experience the result of Ken's collaboration with him.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Will you offer different handle designs than the one pictured?

Sorry for the slow reply. Short answer is "yes".

We plan to offer a range of shapes and sizes eventually, including novel designs (which will inevitably reflect the influence of other handles, past and present) and also our renditions of classic handle shapes (e.g., the Keyhole and Beehive).

Just so there is no confusion, I was only kidding about a group buy.

I knew that, but the follow-up replies were starting to make me a little nervous. :001_unsur

Can someone please PM me Ken's email? ​

This had me rolling on the floor. FWIW, an email address is included in my Vendor Hall of Fame Entry.

Ken,

Will you be attending the Kansas City Meetup next month? Any chance some of your new brushes will be available there?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Will you be attending the Kansas City Meetup next month? Any chance some of your new brushes will be available there?

We have some travel plans pending, but at least one of us will try to be there with a few examples.

Can you explain the meaning of your brand name?

"Dark Holler Design Works" is what we call our shop (and what we do in it). The handles/brushes will carry a different brand name, which is still being vetted.

Last edited:
'Chief 2' perhaps?

As an aside, thanks for the youtube link (looks like it was edited out?). I really dig appalachian and folk music, ever listen to 'backporch music' radio program on wunc? when i was stationed at fort bragg that is how i developed a sort of appreciation for it.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
'Chief 2' perhaps?

As an aside, thanks for the youtube link (looks like it was edited out?). I really dig appalachian and folk music, ever listen to 'backporch music' radio program on wunc? when i was stationed at fort bragg that is how i developed a sort of appreciation for it.

I'm also turning Chiefs and will offer them as well.

I included the bit of musicology to give Nick's question a respectful response, but then trimmed it thinking it might be best not to invite off-topic discussion in this thread. I'm glad you caught it, though.

Really impressive work Ken. I'd much prefer one of your handles/brushes to the many alternatives. Hope you continue to impress and complete some beauties for all of your fans! Thanks.

Top Bottom