What's new

NFL thread.

Giants and Cowboys have been looking good lately. Not the automatic wins most Iggles fans thought at the start of the season. If they don't beat the NYFG on Sunday we'll have 2 weeks on non-stop QB controversy.

As a lifelong Giants' fan, you have nothing to worry about. Even if the Giants win on Sunday, the Iggles should still take the division. The Cowboys struggled to beat two bad teams their last two games, and unless they're winning the Super Bowl, the Giants will find a way to implode.

On the bright side, for now we don't have a QB controversy, a jerk of an owner, or a team name some announcers refuse to say.

wow. That was ugly last night. Conrats to the Iggles. I'm just hopeful that the Cowboys get so full of themselves after beating the Seahawks that they don't show up for next Sunday's game.

It's not often a team puts up a shutout, but Eli looked like he was being hunted all game long.
That was a nice performance by the Eagles, our shaky 4-1 looks more solid at 5-1.

Shame about Cruz. Hope he recovers well.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Bears play Miami next week. I'm hopeful that if we need it, they will call and use one of their time outs for us if we need it like they did for Greenbay.

Man my Titans are bad. We came within a finger tip, blocked a FG at the end, of losing to probably the worst team in the NFL (Jaguars).

Hey, how 'bout them Redskins?

<crickets chirping>

I swear, my Redskins went into the toilet when my kid gave me an RGIII jersey for Christmas two years ago. Should I burn the jersey, or hang a Mike Shanahan dummy (redundant, I know) in retroactive effigy?

Hey, how 'bout them Redskins?

<crickets chirping>

I swear, my Redskins went into the toilet when my kid gave me an RGIII jersey for Christmas two years ago. Should I burn the jersey, or hang a Mike Shanahan dummy (redundant, I know) in retroactive effigy?

Trade it in on a Romo jersey. Maybe you can bring some bad luck, I can stop watching Dallas win, and go back to watching the train wreck. :)

The Washington (not the Seahawks) team is such a disaster that I'm more amused than anything else. I'm almost happy we stink. I would gladly take RGIII over "Captain" Kirk.

I think Kirk peaked last year. Got a good Bobby Hoying/AJ Feeley/Kevin Kolb vibe going for a bit....then reality sets in and you see why he's a backup.

Can't wait to see my two favourite tail backs in the entire league go head-head this coming week for MNF!! Le'Veon Bell & Arian Foster.

Black & Gold all the way though!! STEELERS!

I think Kirk peaked last year. Got a good Bobby Hoying/AJ Feeley/Kevin Kolb vibe going for a bit....then reality sets in and you see why he's a backup.

I think you mean 2012. Kirk was awful last year.

The legend of Kirk Cousins is a bunch of fictitious nonsense. He threw a game winning touchdown pass in relief of RGIII in one game in 2012 and then he narrowly led us to a needed victory over the Cleveland Browns. That year he threw four touchdowns and three interceptions. That was the year RGIII won Offensive Rookie of the Year. Last year, in relief of RGIII, Cousins threw four touchdowns and seven interceptions. For his career, Cousins has thrown 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. He also has five fumbles. In 13 games, he's turned the ball over 23 times. I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it.

RGIII may not be perfect and he may not be the answer, but I would MUCH rather have him than Kirk Cousins.

Top Bottom