What's new

NFL thread.

I'm a big Giants fan. Unfortunately, with the new offense, I'm more of a pessimist than I usually am. I put the over under for wins at 5. The Cowboys are horrible, and I only see the Giants splitting with them.

Giants fan here too. I am hopefully optimistic though! Looking forward to seeing if that secondary can contain Megatron like they say they can. I really wish they would shut their mouths and let the play on the field speak for itself. I don't think it will be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. They have a lot of new people and new things to learn. But Eli is a smart guy, and the WRs have less to think about so I think they will get it sorted and I hope to see 9 wins this year. I think the Eagles are the main competition in the division.

Bills, Jets, and Miami all win week 1. NE loses to Miami and is in last place in AFC East... Is this real life?

Giants fan here too. I am hopefully optimistic though! Looking forward to seeing if that secondary can contain Megatron like they say they can. I really wish they would shut their mouths and let the play on the field speak for itself. I don't think it will be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. They have a lot of new people and new things to learn. But Eli is a smart guy, and the WRs have less to think about so I think they will get it sorted and I hope to see 9 wins this year. I think the Eagles are the main competition in the division.

An optimistic Giants fan? Have you been to a doctor for that condition? I'm just happy I had something at my kids' school last night so I missed the game. At this point, I'd even consider trading Eli for Romo.

Another Giants fan. Optimism is not a word often used in my +3 decades of cheering for Big Blue. More often than not they confound expectations so I have hopes for 8 wins but will not be surprised will fewer. The O-line has needed retooling for a few years. Hard to win without a solid line.

Seems to be more off the field action than on it these days.
3 domestic violence cases and one potential child abuse.

Yet I'll still watch the product on Monday night. Go Eagles.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Redskins look pretty good against Jacksonville tomorrow, so keep your hopes up.
A much better prospect than Chicago has against the 49'ers.

The Redskins look pretty good against Jacksonville tomorrow, so keep your hopes up.
A much better prospect than Chicago has against the 49'ers.

So long as they don't turn the ball over multiple times, Skins should win. Jags defense is pretty bad and their offense is not much better.

I feel weird about it. Griffin was great in his first season and, unlike Vick, completed passes. His accuracy was great. Since his injury, he hasn't been the same. I actually really like the guy and I feel bad saying this, but maybe the team is better with Cousins. I don't know. I don't feel good about it.

In his first season, RGIII seemed to really have it all. ....Legs, An Accurate Arm, Good Instincts, Good Vision, Brains, and Leaderhip skills. After returning from the ACL tear, he has really failed to re-hone many of those attributes to their original levels. I am a Redskins fan and really hope he figures it out. We are in the middle of our third "Rebuilding" DECADE already.

From what I've heard, RGIII dislocated his ankle and the timetable for recovery for that type of injury is at least two months, which means that Cousins is going to be the quarterback for a while. If he continues to play the way he did today, I have to assume RGIII is done as quarterback of the Redskins. That said, we beat the Jaguars, who are perennially putrid, so I wouldn't expect a performance like that every game.

The Cousins' supporters seem to remember his few great moments in 2012 and have totally forgotten that he was awful last year - four touchdowns and ten turnovers (seven interceptions and three fumbles).

I'm not sold on Kirk Cousins, but he was good today.

Top Bottom