What's new

Just something about spiders I love.

OSY, I'm on AB, but not a fan. I'm more of an ATS kinda guy.

Same here, although I'm not a member on ATS. I've been a member of AB for ten years now and have less than a hundred posts. Ridiculously heavy-handed and discriminatory modding reminded me to never post there again.

Just the occasional Jumper that I find in the yard. I used to keep a black widow, but let it go before I moved back to MO. I've had a few wolf spiders in the past as well.

My wife loves spiders. We frequently have small spiders living in our kitchen in the summer time. Our house is not very tight and gnats come in, the spiders feed on the gnats. Spiders are absolutely fascinating creatures. We of course remove them from our bedroom as any spider bite is nasty but we do not have many poisinous ones here in MI. This is a pic my wife took in our back yard one night of a nocturnal spider.

$nocturnal spider.jpg

My wife loves spiders. We frequently have small spiders living in our kitchen in the summer time. Our house is not very tight and gnats come in, the spiders feed on the gnats. Spiders are absolutely fascinating creatures. We of course remove them from our bedroom as any spider bite is nasty but we do not have many poisinous ones here in MI. This is a pic my wife took in our back yard one night of a nocturnal spider.

View attachment 519485
That is a Marbled spider. We get them all over through out the summer. Its peaceful and non poisonous. Best off all they eat stink bugs!

My white knee went for me recently whilst I was wiping moisture out of her tank. Most seem to be pretty docile, but mine's a nasty little s%$!

No way am I ever trying to handle her!

non poisonous.

Almost all spiders are venomous with the exception of a few. Orb weavers are venomous but pose no threat to humans.

My white knee went for me recently whilst I was wiping moisture out of her tank. Most seem to be pretty docile, but mine's a nasty little s%$!

No way am I ever trying to handle her!

I had a Rose Hair that would put an Usambara Baboon to shame.

Last edited:
I'm not really a spider guy, but no need to kill 'em unless they are dangerous. They're just trying to make a living like the rest of us. Nice photos.

not me. spider = kill with fire. fortunately around the house we have a steady supply of lizards

I have a spiderweb on my backyard patio that caught a 2 inch long scorpion. I have been looking, but haven't see the owner of the web...

Please don't. That's quite rude. These are some of my pets. And this thread is about the appreciation of spiders.

Fine with me - as long as they are in a pen and not running around my house ;) I actually have seen these as a pet. They move out FAST if they get out onto the floor.

Top Bottom