What's new

Independent Scotland?

How will Scots vote?

• Yes - for independence

• No - against independence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I address to B&B members in the UK, particularly. The people of Scotland will vote on 18 September for or against breaking away from the UK and forming an independent nation. Which way do you think the vote will go and why?

I think everyone has the right to choose their own destiny. I think the Scottish people can do that on their own better than they can with the rest of the UK.

If it goes some will love it and some will hate it. If it doesn't go some will love it and some will hate it.

If Scotland wishes to be independent, independence it should have. One hopes it will go better for Scotland than it did for my region of this Union when it attempted to secede.

Talk to TROC* how we view the constant threat from Quebec of separation. After a while it becomes white noise...
Speaking as a second generation Scot, independence for Scotland frae the UK dinna goin' ta happen.

* The Rest Of Canada

If Scotland wishes to be independent, independence it should have. One hopes it will go better for Scotland than it did for my region of this Union when it attempted to secede.

While I can agree that the "voice of the people" should be heard, and although I have enough Scottish ancestry to wish them well, I'm not so certain that it's either a done deal or a good deal.

I've been following the whole thing for years now. Taken with the caveat that I'm not a citizen of the UK or Scotland, my observation is that had the same level of energy been put into twisting the arms of Parliament in London as has gone into the Independence movement the North could probably have struck a bargain for a lot of valuable concessions. But maybe not. As I said, I'm an outsider.

Regardless of the vote, I would like to see things turn out well.

If they do it they need to do it 100%. No more celebrating the queens birthday, get her picture off the money and all the other royal crap. It needs to be Scotland for the Scotts and merry old should be cut completely out.

It's up to each country to manage their affairs. If the people of Scotland want their independence, go for it! If they want ties to the UK, go for it! As long as their football team improves.

If they do it they need to do it 100%. No more celebrating the queens birthday, get her picture off the money and all the other royal crap. It needs to be Scotland for the Scotts and merry old should be cut completely out.
Do you actually know anything about the history of the union of the crowns? Why should we give up a major part of our history even if we vote to dissolve the parliamentary union?

I say we let them decide what to do with their own country. But in further reflection maybe independence would be best lest they become another colony of the middle east like England.

Do you actually know anything about the history of the union of the crowns? Why should we give up a major part of our history even if we vote to dissolve the parliamentary union?

It's really none of my business and there certainly are many countries that are free from British rule that still hold strong ties to the crown. But considering the history of England and Scotland it seems to this outsider that a free Scotland should truly be free and separate from all things English for a long time. Good luck to you either way.

No idea. Also no idea if it's a good idea or not. What is good about this, is the freedom of the people of Scotland to choose.

Since most of what I know of the matter comes from watching Brave Heart, I feel like I can lend an expert opinion on the subject. However, I choose to let the Scottish figure it out on their own, its the only way they'll learn.:001_smile

So like Australia where she's a figurehead.

Sort of, a lot of people don't realise this, but the Queen is technically the head of state for countries like Australia and Canada, and I believe that's what the Yes Camp in Scotland want as well.

Top Bottom