What's new

Mercurochrome?

Legion

Staff member
Haha. Do they still make mercurochrome? I remember being covered in that stuff for 90% of my childhood.

Mercurochrome was banned because it contained mercury. You can get Tincture of iodine or Betadine. I don't know if or how well Tincture of iodine would hold up on acid free paper.

How about Noodler's Habanero? I sort of remember Mercurochrome being close to this color.

$IS-N19021.jpg

I wanted to follow up on this post. Tom (Airmech) was kind enough to send a small vial of Noodler's Dragon's Napalm for me to try. I filled an (eyedropper) Pilot Varsity and have been using it for a couple of weeks at work to highlight important information in my notes. It does the intended job! The ink behaves very well, with good flow and lubrication and very little feathering. The color seems highly saturated and is a match for mercurochrome -- like neon orange and hot pink are battling it out, and sometimes the result is more pink and other times it's more orange.

The only "negative" I've noticed is that it does tend to bleed through cheap paper more easily than the other inks I use at work (mostly Noodler's X-Feather and Montblanc Midnight Blue). It's definitely not a color I'd use to write any extended text, but it works perfectly as a highlighting color. Overall, I think this is a color I'm going to keep around.

I wanted to follow up on this post. Tom (Airmech) was kind enough to send a small vial of Noodler's Dragon's Napalm for me to try. I filled an (eyedropper) Pilot Varsity and have been using it for a couple of weeks at work to highlight important information in my notes. It does the intended job! The ink behaves very well, with good flow and lubrication and very little feathering. The color seems highly saturated and is a match for mercurochrome -- like neon orange and hot pink are battling it out, and sometimes the result is more pink and other times it's more orange.

The only "negative" I've noticed is that it does tend to bleed through cheap paper more easily than the other inks I use at work (mostly Noodler's X-Feather and Montblanc Midnight Blue). It's definitely not a color I'd use to write any extended text, but it works perfectly as a highlighting color. Overall, I think this is a color I'm going to keep around.

so how is it for cuts and scraps ?

Top Bottom