What's new

Old Spice Shaving Cream

Bought a tube off ebay. Not lathering very well.

1. Is the date on the carton expiry or manufacturing date? (Date is not on the tube, carton has been recycled, and carton said "Jan 2014."
2. Did Old Spice change their formula? Previous tubes lathered much, much better.

Thx,
B|Java

Last edited:
1. The box my original came in says B-1313-04/14 Exp 03/17. I assume the "B" means "batch" but it clearly has a 3 year shelf life.
2. I don't know anything about the formula.

My tube of Old Spice Fresh Lime Shaving Cream says on the outside of the box >

Manufacturing Date : 08/12
Use Before : 07/15

Also, the same "use before" date is imprinted on the bottom crimp of the tube.

My cream bowl lathers great, using a Muhle RYTMO fiber brush. Absolutely zero complaints.

Don't know if the formula has changed since this is the first batch from India I have ever tried.

I used to love this cream because of the spicy scent but unfortunately it seems like they reformulated the formula and now the scent is gone. It used to produce a respectable lather but now the cream is very dense and it's hard to get a good lather.

If someone purchased this cream recently (In the last 3 month), please tell me if the spicy scent is back.

I have some, bought in december, it lathers ok but doesn't smell of much. Its Indian made, not the US version.

Last edited:
Do you mean Indian Old Spice Shaving Cream ?

Made in India

proxy.php

When I say 'The Scent is gone' I'm not implying that it do not smell like the vintage Old Spice, I'm saying that it smell absolutely nothing. I'll rephrase it to be clearer as possible, this particular cream smell like generic fragranceless cheap soap. They should rebrand it simply as 'Old' because the 'Spice' is gone, it went to Vegas and never cameback.

Yes, that is the new, reformulated version. I've read quite a few reviews that it doesn't lather that well and has no good scent.

Below is what it used to look like. A friend from work brought it back from India (along with some Godrej). It is good lathering and has a great scent.

Yes, that is the new, reformulated version. I've read quite a few reviews that it doesn't lather that well and has no good scent.

Below is what it used to look like. A friend from work brought it back from India (along with some Godrej). It is good lathering and has a great scent.

Yes, that's the one I used to buy, it was one of my go-to cream :D Another victim of Proctologist & Gamblers.
The new one is a cream version of Ivory soap.

The old style of tube was one of the few creams I really enjoyed using. I'm sad to hear that the new stuff has been P&G-ed and is not as good! :mad3:

The Economic Times article mentioned the Menezes group of Goa. The name has got to be Portuguese, given Goa's history. I wonder what else they have on the market...can our Indian friends shed any light?

I wonder what else they have on the market...can our Indian friends shed any light?
They have 2 creams available here in India- Blue Stratos and Xm musk. The Stratos is a fantastic cream, one I would recommend without hesitation. I didn't care too much for the scent of the Xm musk. I've reviewed both creams here-
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/408456-Indian-shaving-creams-reviews

Sad to hear they've refomulated the Old Spice cream. I only have experience with the older tubes and though not my favorite, they were decent enough performers with great scents. I've seen these new tubes in stores for more than 6 months now and thought they'd just changed the graphics and packaging.

Last edited:
When I first ordered some from India, I received the new tube. The second time around, I received five tubes of the old batch. Of course, I discussed this in the Old Spice thread in the Aftershave section, where I tend to discuss all things Old Spice to keep everything organized in my mind. :)

I'll have to see if I can find the vendor that I used. Maybe he can provide some insight...

There is the answer that I was looking for, those damn P&G vultures killed another great product : ( Do our friends from India knows if there is another Indian cream with a similar scent?

I have seen the newly packaged Old Spice cream with a manufacturing date as back as March 2014 (or Jan 2014 as reported by OP). I think many just didn't realize this was happening early enough because there must be plenty of stock of the older package.

It is now gone for good except any old stock some might have. :mad3:

Last edited:
I have seen the newly packaged Old Spice cream with a manufacturing date as back as March 2014 (or Jan 2014 as reported by OP). I think many just didn't realize this was happening early enough because there must be plenty of stock of the older package.

It is now gone for good except any old stock some might have. :mad3:

Now I'll have to scout every single Indian Grocery in the area.

Top Bottom